The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18271
Lives for gear
 
Looneytune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Since the Moogerfoogers got discontinued there’s been fewer rack kits being stocked, no matter what country you’re in.
Juno.co.uk have them and will ship to Australia. Also, if you keep an eye out you can find them second hand.They seem to be the only Moog product where second hand prices haven't shot up yet.
Oh I see. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll keep an eye out. Really need to find a solution for my pedals!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18272
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneytune View Post
Oh I see. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll keep an eye out. Really need to find a solution for my pedals!
Rack Drawers and Shelfs are and have been the way for ages. Works great. Keeps them off the floor.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18273
Lives for gear
 
uptheoctave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneytune View Post
Added some more gear tonight, I can’t tell you how desperate I am to get back to making some music. Still can’t find a proper solution for pedals, I have some pedal boards but was looking for a better solution rather then pedal board on the floor.

Pedals can be so annoying to fit into a set-up
I can’t seem to find the Moogerfooger rack kits here in Australia

Maybe do away with pedals. I did find a rack shelf for 3 of my pedals though.

I also wanted to fit one more sidecar to this desk but I’m 10 cm to big for the room

Oh well what do you do right
Buso audio?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18274
Lives for gear
 
Looneytune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Buso audio?
Desk yup
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18275
Lives for gear
 
Looneytune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Rack Drawers and Shelfs are and have been the way for ages. Works great. Keeps them off the floor.
Yes only way to go I think.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18276
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneytune View Post
Added some more gear tonight, I can’t tell you how desperate I am to get back to making some music. Still can’t find a proper solution for pedals, I have some pedal boards but was looking for a better solution rather then pedal board on the floor.

Pedals can be so annoying to fit into a set-up
I can’t seem to find the Moogerfooger rack kits here in Australia

Maybe do away with pedals. I did find a rack shelf for 3 of my pedals though.

I also wanted to fit one more sidecar to this desk but I’m 10 cm to big for the room

Oh well what do you do right
Pedals are a pain, sometimes. I have almost all of mine on tables and it works well for studio use. Easy to see and tweak.

I made angled stands of oak for some that makes visibility and access even better. A few that may need some foot action during a track are on the floor, or in some cases, a foot-switch from the pedal. Good luck with yours!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18277
Lives for gear
 
Looneytune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
Pedals are a pain, sometimes. I have almost all of mine on tables and it works well for studio use. Easy to see and tweak.

I made angled stands of oak for some that makes visibility and access even better. A few that may need some foot action during a track are on the floor, or in some cases, a foot-switch from the pedal. Good luck with yours!
Yeah they can be a real pain. I think I’m going to put one of my pedalboards on a keyboard stand, that works well in combination with some 19 inch pedal racks!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
New monitor installed and old one repurposed

HawkEye is running in standalone mode so all audio from the PC is feeding into it.

Love your Hawkeye repurposing of the old monitor.
I'd like to do a similar setup but I already havr (and use) 2 monitors. I was hoping I could use an old tablet to do the same, but haven't found a way...
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18279
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneytune View Post
Yeah they can be a real pain. I think I’m going to put one of my pedalboards on a keyboard stand, that works well in combination with some 19 inch pedal racks!
Great! One of my pedal tables is a repurposed keyboard stand, too. I fitted an oak top to it with holes to allow cord routing and two 6-outlet plug strips hidden on the back. That allows me to switch a lot of pedals on with two clicks.

I made the top a two-tier and it's all slanted for ease of use. Underneath I have room for a few floor pedals and remote foot-switches, along with manuals.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18280
Lives for gear
 
uptheoctave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron View Post
Love your Hawkeye repurposing of the old monitor.
I'd like to do a similar setup but I already havr (and use) 2 monitors. I was hoping I could use an old tablet to do the same, but haven't found a way...
I use a tablet in sidecar mode to display Nugen VISLM for my metering.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18281
Here for the gear
Roland HPD-15
Behringer Xenyx X2222USB Mixer
BOSS RC 505 Loopstation
Hercules P32 DJ
LSR 305 monitors
Novation Ultranova Synth
Volca Sample
Shure SM58 microphone

and a wishlist of
Roland Integra-7
Volca Kick
Pioneer RMX-1000
and an Akai MPC X to top it off
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-setup.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18282
Lives for gear
 
Looneytune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciBox View Post
Roland HPD-15
Behringer Xenyx X2222USB Mixer
BOSS RC 505 Loopstation
Hercules P32 DJ
LSR 305 monitors
Novation Ultranova Synth
Volca Sample
Shure SM58 microphone

and a wishlist of
Roland Integra-7
Volca Kick
Pioneer RMX-1000
and an Akai MPC X to top it off
Nice one!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18283
Lives for gear
 
SkyWriter's Avatar
I love this thread. So many cool places folks have to create :-)
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18284
Lives for gear
 
kwaping's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciBox View Post
Roland HPD-15
Behringer Xenyx X2222USB Mixer
BOSS RC 505 Loopstation
Hercules P32 DJ
LSR 305 monitors
Novation Ultranova Synth
Volca Sample
Shure SM58 microphone

and a wishlist of
Roland Integra-7
Volca Kick
Pioneer RMX-1000
and an Akai MPC X to top it off
Your HPD is on my wishlist!
Old 1 week ago
  #18285
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
Your HPD is on my wishlist!
I was happy to adopt it from a colleague for a friendly price, has been a lot of fun since! Very cool sounds & sweet sensitivity.

If only the D-BEAM Sound (magical-laser-wave-your-hand-thingy) could be turned OFF by default... now every now and then my music flow is interrupted by some thunder clouds or loud synth sound, after changing presets :P
Old 1 week ago
  #18286
Lives for gear
 
jude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron View Post
Love your Hawkeye repurposing of the old monitor.
I'd like to do a similar setup but I already havr (and use) 2 monitors. I was hoping I could use an old tablet to do the same, but haven't found a way...
If it happens to be an ipad, there is an App called Duet that lets you run the ipad as a separate touch screen when you plug it in via a USB port. Nifty little program that works quite well.
Old 1 week ago
  #18287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciBox View Post
I was happy to adopt it from a colleague for a friendly price, has been a lot of fun since! Very cool sounds & sweet sensitivity.

If only the D-BEAM Sound (magical-laser-wave-your-hand-thingy) could be turned OFF by default... now every now and then my music flow is interrupted by some thunder clouds or loud synth sound, after changing presets :P
The D Beam just makes me laugh every time I do it.
Old 1 week ago
  #18288
Lives for gear
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
If it happens to be an ipad, there is an App called Duet that lets you run the ipad as a separate touch screen when you plug it in via a USB port. Nifty little program that works quite well.
If you're on Catalina, the built-in Sidecar feature works much better than Duet.
Old 1 week ago
  #18289
Lives for gear
 
ajscent's Avatar
 

everyone has these collectables in the studio

heres mine - one is a handmade pyramid from bladerunner and the other is the shopping center from Dawn of the Dead - got a few others but these two are the best studio props
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_2050.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #18290
Lives for gear
 
ajscent's Avatar
 

couple close ups of bladerunner pyramid and the mall from Dawn of the dead - as said these are integral studio pieces lols - honestly they do inspire me though having them in sight
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_2052.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_2053.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #18291
Lives for gear
 
Westlaker's Avatar
Dawn of the Dead shopping mall might be the best thing I've seen on here in a long time.
Old 1 week ago
  #18292
Lives for gear
 
daviddever's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlaker View Post
Dawn of the Dead shopping mall might be the best thing I've seen on here in a long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe...opular_culture
Old 1 week ago
  #18293
Lives for gear
 
Westlaker's Avatar
Quote:
My wife is from Pittsburgh, and the first time she pointed out the mall where they filmed Dawn of the Dead I nearly lost my mind -- I was SO into that movie as a kid. But I still haven't made it inside...
Old 1 week ago
  #18294
Lives for gear
 
ajscent's Avatar
 

you just need to plan a route there - if **** hits the fan - you know what to do - go in through the roof to the storeroom and use the vents - everything you could want and more in that mall - paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlaker View Post
My wife is from Pittsburgh, and the first time she pointed out the mall where they filmed Dawn of the Dead I nearly lost my mind -- I was SO into that movie as a kid. But I still haven't made it inside...
Old 1 week ago
  #18295
Lives for gear
 
base615's Avatar
On the subject of models, I'd probably buy this if someone made it:
Old 1 week ago
  #18296
Gear Head
messy setup

nm
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_0492.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #18297
Lives for gear
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith c View Post
nm
Hey, whatever works. I think if you just moved the cable mess under the x-stand, you'll want to hang out there more, but maybe it doesn't bother you.

The pedal looks like a Yamaha FC-4 (the old version). I've had mine for 20 years and it's still rocking. If yours develops a squeak like mine did, it turns out it's really easy to fix. You just pull the rubber cover off the bottom and spray some WD-40 (or an actual lubricant if you have one) on the spot where the metal touches the black part. I've done that a couple times and it's totally silent (and I use it all the time). Feels like it will last at least another 20 years.
Old 1 week ago
  #18298
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith c View Post
nm
That's a pretty cool rig you've got there. Ion and SH32 are two of my favorites. Paired with the MC-909 and the TR-8, I bet you can do a lot of damage.
Old 1 week ago
  #18299
Lives for gear
 
jiffybox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith c View Post
nm
Nah, the set up is fine (although @ Stormchild is onto something about the cords), I just want to fix the drooping posters on the wall. Desperately.
Old 1 week ago
  #18300
Gear Head
some more mess

none functional stuff that I pulled from the closet
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_0495.jpg  
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump