The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16231
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releaux View Post


That's too bad. Same story as wanting Jaspers in the US I suppose. I know Guitar Center / Musician's Friend carry them, so maybe they could ship. Might make the price not worth it, though.
I chose a Jaspers 6-120D, black. Its the best I could find in EU (Thomann). So, getting a few shelves and put my 5 boutiques in there, jp8080, nord uMofular, dsi tetra4, blofeld, dx7, kawai k1, an1x. It might just fit... :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16232
Here for the gear
 
rylos's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Releaux View Post
I was impressed before I watched the video, and now I'm amazed! Incredible work!! Are you planning to commercialize it? This would be fantastic to hook up to an FS1R.
I'd love to see a full-blown version of this out in the hands of musicians. Unfortunately, I lack the financial resources & business sense to commercialize it.

Which is frustrating, as it's a real game-changer as when it comes to letting the musician really get a creative grasp on the instrument. About anything that can be controlled by midi / computer can be tied in with it. I'm probably going to mod my Micromoog to run from it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16233
Gear Nut
 
Pajor Hill's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular_8 View Post
every time this thread gets bumped and there's no studio pic Jesus pushes a CS-80 into a lake.
only us gearheads would laugh uncontrollably at this

thank you my friend
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16234
Gear Nut
 
Pajor Hill's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular_8 View Post
every time this thread gets bumped and there's no studio pic Jesus pushes a CS-80 into a lake.
or behringer pushes the date back on their remake of the cs80
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16235
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajor Hill View Post
or behringer pushes the date back on their remake of the cs80
that's no joke man... :-( :-D
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16236
Here for the gear
 

Getting back into it after a long hiatus

Nothing super fancy here...
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_4412.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16237
Lives for gear
 
NEXUS-6's Avatar
 

Night missions...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16238
Gear Nut
 
pre55ure's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
Night missions...
Deepmind and a prophet center stage, while the Sunsyn and Code(?) sit humbly to the side.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16239
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by larraga View Post
Nothing super fancy here...
you win the GS award for patience, waiting 16 years before your first post..

some nice gear but the monitoring looks crap..?

Old 4 weeks ago
  #16240
Quote:
Originally Posted by larraga View Post
Nothing super fancy here...
Hey, you've got a Kurzweil 150 as well?
They're quite rare, at least here in Europe.
Are you using it regularly? I'm completely in love with the "Touch Piano" and "Phase E-Piano" presets.
I have a complete 150FS setup as well, but I haven't ever used it and am about to sell it (no rule-breaking hidden advertisement here - there's already some who's interested).

Cheers,
Bert
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16241
Lives for gear
 
NEXUS-6's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre55ure View Post
Deepmind and a prophet center stage, while the Sunsyn and Code(?) sit humbly to the side.
Not quite its a SE1-X Angel Dust..
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16242
Gear Nut
 
pre55ure's Avatar
 

Looks nice, never had a chance to play with the SE stuff.

BTW wasn't trying to disparage the DM or the prophet 08 or your setup.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16243
Lives for gear
 
NEXUS-6's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre55ure View Post
Looks nice, never had a chance to play with the SE stuff.

BTW wasn't trying to disparage the DM or the prophet 08 or your setup.
Thanks.

NP, I appreciate all synths expensive or cheap everything has its sound.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16244
Here for the gear
 

Hi Bert,

Yes, I use it all the time. I think they're pretty rare here in the US as well. I mangle the sound of it quite a bit with FX (the POD and a MidiVerb 4). Love the metallic timbres: celeste, vibes, bells, chimes. I have the FS stuff and even an Apple //e but have not put that together yet. Maybe when I retire

I also have one of these (pic below), but it doesn't fit in the same room as the 150, until I rearrange everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom View Post
Hey, you've got a Kurzweil 150 as well?
They're quite rare, at least here in Europe.
Are you using it regularly? I'm completely in love with the "Touch Piano" and "Phase E-Piano" presets.
I have a complete 150FS setup as well, but I haven't ever used it and am about to sell it (no rule-breaking hidden advertisement here - there's already some who's interested).

Cheers,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-midiboard.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16245
Here for the gear
 

Well, never want to be too hasty with posting.

The Roland MA-12s are actually not all that crap sounding. They are fine for working out sounds at this station in any case. The 1000W 15" subwoofer at the bottom right helps a lot, and there are nicer Adam A7s around the corner (below) for definitive listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
you win the GS award for patience, waiting 16 years before your first post..

some nice gear but the monitoring looks crap..?
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-mons.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16246
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
Hey that’s a beautiful setup oldgearguy! Congratulations!

In the top picture, blue thing all the way left, what is that?
Alesis and Bricasti reverbs in the same rack. Sacralige!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16247
vlz
Gear Addict
 
vlz's Avatar
New addition: VC340

New addition to the rig, plugged the gap beside the minimoog

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-e4f75d01-2cb6-4a95-b031-f6f1fb168243.jpg

The complete setup now, starting to look decent, now that I've dumped the JV1080 (no space or patience for romplers anymore)

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-f21800a8-e842-4dfe-b633-89f7c4871842.jpg

Slightly different angle:

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-78f826e5-6100-4b1c-86f9-bae1976c3a94.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-e4f75d01-2cb6-4a95-b031-f6f1fb168243.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-f21800a8-e842-4dfe-b633-89f7c4871842.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-78f826e5-6100-4b1c-86f9-bae1976c3a94.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16248
vlz
Gear Addict
 
vlz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
New addition to the rig, plugged the gap beside the minimoog

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-e4f75d01-2cb6-4a95-b031-f6f1fb168243.jpg

The complete setup now, starting to look decent, now that I've dumped the JV1080 (no space or patience for romplers anymore)

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-f21800a8-e842-4dfe-b633-89f7c4871842.jpg

Slightly different angle:

Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-78f826e5-6100-4b1c-86f9-bae1976c3a94.jpg
it can also be heard in action...

Old 4 weeks ago
  #16249
Gear Head
 
Circuit Breaker's Avatar
 

Nice setup, Doepfer modular and twin 155 trigger sequencer. However monitor placement not the best ideal.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #16250
vlz
Gear Addict
 
vlz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit Breaker View Post
Nice setup, Doepfer modular and twin 155 trigger sequencer. However monitor placement not the best ideal.
totally. I need to get a couple of speaker stands, although at the moment I mostly use headphones because of my current location.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16251
Lives for gear
 
Xero's Avatar
hahahaha, remember me?!?!

i'm finally getting my stuff setup again, my wife made me get all this crap out of the spare bedroom once the new baby was born...I still have all my drum machines and crap in the closet, as well as my jupiter and the other prophet, but, i'm getting there....as you can tell by the box of wires, it's literally just sitting there, at the moment....

oh yeah, i just did something crazy and bought a minimoog model d today, so welcome me back to the club in full force?!?

i pulled my typical stunt, bought one in like C- condition, so now i'll be obligated to fix it up to B+ condition, upgrade it very tactfully, then develop attachment issues with it so i can never sell it.

almost embarassed posting these pictures of the racks, clearly my reef keeping/fish hobby that's taken over my life the past few years is showing with the fish food cans, LMFAO....by the way, if you'd like a hobby where you can blow even more money even more fast than this one, try that for sure.




Old 3 weeks ago
  #16252
Gear Maniac
love seeing images of all these studios setups -- mega inspiriation in all forms -- but just curious how you're all dealing with the "darker underside" of studio things... in addition to all the amazing gear here, it'd be interesting to to see how you're all keeping this patched together and taming the powerbar and cable jungle...

feeding a furman unit is the traditional way, but the way synths and small boxes are distributed across a table, for example, makes this more challenging to keep well managed than a rack of fx. in addition to the gear, if anyone's got images of their impressive cable management solutions and associated tips for dealing with ugly power bars and the lot, i'd be interested to see that too!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16253
Quote:
Originally Posted by larraga View Post
Hi Bert,

Yes, I use it all the time. I think they're pretty rare here in the US as well. I mangle the sound of it quite a bit with FX (the POD and a MidiVerb 4). Love the metallic timbres: celeste, vibes, bells, chimes. I have the FS stuff and even an Apple //e but have not put that together yet. Maybe when I retire

I also have one of these (pic below), but it doesn't fit in the same room as the 150, until I rearrange everything!
Thanks for the reply!
That Midiboard is impressive...

Cheers,
Bert
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16254
Gear Addict
 
Releaux's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by millionmiles View Post
love seeing images of all these studios setups -- mega inspiriation in all forms -- but just curious how you're all dealing with the "darker underside" of studio things... in addition to all the amazing gear here, it'd be interesting to to see how you're all keeping this patched together and taming the powerbar and cable jungle...

feeding a furman unit is the traditional way, but the way synths and small boxes are distributed across a table, for example, makes this more challenging to keep well managed than a rack of fx. in addition to the gear, if anyone's got images of their impressive cable management solutions and associated tips for dealing with ugly power bars and the lot, i'd be interested to see that too!
I'm currently dismantling my studio for a cross-country move, but haven't undone a lot of the cable management yet. I'll try to snap some pictures today. I can summarize the secret to my success in five words, though:

Excel and Velcro cable ties.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16255
I have 2 midi interfaces, 16 input audio interfaces, 3 patchbays, a couple of furmans, and two powered usb boxes...kept all the connections written down in an ipad and it died two weeks ago...i have barely a clue whats in what
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16256
Lives for gear
 
Lady Gaia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I have 2 midi interfaces, 16 input audio interfaces, 3 patchbays, a couple of furmans, and two powered usb boxes...kept all the connections written down in an ipad and it died two weeks ago...i have barely a clue whats in what
Did you have it configured for automatic backups? Generally speaking, just restoring to another iPad should put you right back where you were.

Failing that, depending on the app you were using to take notes, you should also be able to access the content from a Mac or an iPhone signed into the same iCloud account. Apple has spent the last decade trying to make this sort of thing work pretty seamlessly. Not always 100% successfully, but a lot of the time it just works.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16257
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
hahahaha, remember me?!?!

i'm finally getting my stuff setup again, my wife made me get all this crap out of the spare bedroom once the new baby was born...I still have all my drum machines and crap in the closet, as well as my jupiter and the other prophet, but, i'm getting there....as you can tell by the box of wires, it's literally just sitting there, at the moment....

oh yeah, i just did something crazy and bought a minimoog model d today, so welcome me back to the club in full force?!?

i pulled my typical stunt, bought one in like C- condition, so now i'll be obligated to fix it up to B+ condition, upgrade it very tactfully, then develop attachment issues with it so i can never sell it.

almost embarassed posting these pictures of the racks, clearly my reef keeping/fish hobby that's taken over my life the past few years is showing with the fish food cans, LMFAO....by the way, if you'd like a hobby where you can blow even more money even more fast than this one, try that for sure.
Hi Xero,

what Jaspers stands you are using?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Did you have it configured for automatic backups? Generally speaking, just restoring to another iPad should put you right back where you were.

Failing that, depending on the app you were using to take notes, you should also be able to access the content from a Mac or an iPhone signed into the same iCloud account. Apple has spent the last decade trying to make this sort of thing work pretty seamlessly. Not always 100% successfully, but a lot of the time it just works.
I have, or had, two ipad 1st gens that I used for the ipg800 app....neither have access to the cloud or get backed up....Im not really bothered. Im so used to windows or usb hubs throwing a spanner in the works having to follow cables with a torch and some gentle tugging (oo err) will be a fun afternoon...Ill laminate the fckn list after that though
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16259
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
New addition to the rig, plugged the gap beside the minimoog



The complete setup now, starting to look decent, now that I've dumped the JV1080 (no space or patience for romplers anymore)



Slightly different angle:

Gawd the 340 looks tiny in there! Nice corner though
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16260
Lives for gear
 
Xero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoo View Post
Hi Xero,

what Jaspers stands you are using?
it's the 88-key-wide one that has the 19" equipment rack built into it, I think it's the KR170-4-150-19B.

I usually keep my MPG-80 in the rack, it's actually sitting on top of my big bass speaker if you look closely, I just haven't had a chance to re-install it into there yet. I did actually find the bag of funky nuts/bolts you need to use to mount it in there though. Don't lose that, heh. I already lost one jasper screw and i'm dreading having to try and order a replacement part from overseas.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
STF / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
67
James Lugo / So Many Guitars, So Little Time
394
sarza73 / High End
2
RichT / So Much Gear, So Little Time
14

Forum Jump
Forum Jump