The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 16th April 2016
  #11401
Lives for gear
 
mikefellh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 View Post
Agreed! Here's mine in '94-95......
If you hadn't said anything, no one would have known since a lot of the same equipment is still being used 20 years later!
Old 16th April 2016
  #11402
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Jude your cats markings are awesome...looks like a leopard...
Old 16th April 2016
  #11403
Gear Maniac
 
Martin78's Avatar
 

this is part of my setup (teaser)

want more?






Last edited by Martin78; 16th April 2016 at 02:35 PM..
Old 16th April 2016
  #11404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin78 View Post
this is part of my setup (teaser)

want more?
Yes, definitely!

Cheers,
Bert
Old 16th April 2016
  #11405
Gear Maniac
 
Martin78's Avatar
 























Last edited by Martin78; 17th April 2016 at 02:18 PM..
Old 17th April 2016
  #11406
Gear Maniac
Got the new desk. Probably going to tweak things a little but it's much better than before

Old 17th April 2016
  #11407
Lives for gear
 
mikefellh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhbrit View Post
Got the new desk. Probably going to tweak things a little but it's much better than before
That Kawai MAV-8 is a neat device...wish they were still available!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11408
Gear Maniac
It really is. And much easier now I've taped it and labeled the routings!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11409
Lives for gear
 
lineofcontrol's Avatar
 

https://flic.kr/p/Ai7uRqLive setup practice...and a few others including my lovely new custom made Walnut modular case. Made by a friend. 6 hours of sanding alone!



Last edited by lineofcontrol; 17th April 2016 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Why the heck don't pics work!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11410
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefellh View Post
That Kawai MAV-8 is a neat device...wish they were still available!
Check eBay. For some reason that I can't understand, the secondhand market for MIDI routers is unreasonably cheap. They're super useful if you're using a lot of hardware and/or have limited MIDI ports to work with. I can't remember ever not having one, and yet they often go for ten or twenty bucks.
Old 17th April 2016
  #11411
Gear Nut
Awesome

i'm speechless!
dig all the gear & neatness
of rack & storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin78 View Post
........

Last edited by Reptil; 17th April 2016 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: shortened
Old 17th April 2016
  #11412
Lives for gear
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
just a heads up.... please don't quote the entire picture post in your reply
Old 17th April 2016
  #11413
Lives for gear
 
mikefellh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
just a heads up.... please don't quote the entire picture post in your reply
Especially since in EVERY quote there's an arrow button which takes you back to the original post where you can see all the pictures and text! For instance in my post above about the Kawai MAV-8 I didn't even quote the picture, but if you wanted to see it just click the arrow button!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11414
Lives for gear
 
NoHo Kid's Avatar
 






A bit subdued while I'm a bit broke lol - but it works!!! Will bring back the analog synths soon! Still, having fun with VSTs and the INTEGRA 7; mixing into an analog bus. Just had to have the analog mix bus processors - so worth it!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11415
Lives for gear
 
jude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Jude your cats markings are awesome...looks like a leopard...
He is a Bengal. The breed all have amazing markings, and a really awesome personality. My boy here will hop in the bath with the kids! Bloody pricey things though, I could have bought two fully tricked out MPC1000's for what he cost me.

Worth every cent though. He's been my rock going through the divorce.

Last edited by Reptil; 17th April 2016 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: ;-)
Old 17th April 2016
  #11416
Lives for gear
 
TheBrightSide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefellh View Post
Especially since in EVERY quote there's an arrow button which takes you back to the original post where you can see all the pictures and text! For instance in my post above about the Kawai MAV-8 I didn't even quote the picture, but if you wanted to see it just click the arrow button!
Never noticed that arrow before, thanks!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11417
Gear Nut
Pic post?

Please clarify "quoting entire picture post"?
i feel offended,
was that message intended my way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
just a heads up.... please don't quote the entire picture post in your reply
Old 17th April 2016
  #11418
Gear Guru
 
Yoozer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesisfan View Post
Please clarify "quoting entire picture post"?
i feel offended,
was that message intended my way?
Just hit reply and use the @-sign to refer to people so that they know what you're saying is meant for them. Like this:

@genesisfan: Don't quote posts with a dozen pictures, because it means people on phones and tablets have to scroll all the way through stuff they've already seen
Old 17th April 2016
  #11419
Lives for gear
 
mikefellh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesisfan View Post
Please clarify "quoting entire picture post"?
i feel offended,
was that message intended my way?
There are many people who do it, but it's more noticeable in the "updated" forum software...with the older version the forum software automatically only shown the first few lines and portion of a posted picture...if you wanted to see the entire quote you'd have to click the "+", a feature I guess that's no longer available!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11420
Gear Maniac
 
Martin78's Avatar
 

thanks guys, i'm glad that you like my toy room for big boy

i added few photos more
Old 17th April 2016
  #11421
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHo Kid View Post
A bit subdued while I'm a bit broke lol - but it works!!! Will bring back the analog synths soon! Still, having fun with VSTs and the INTEGRA 7; mixing into an analog bus. Just had to have the analog mix bus processors - so worth it!
I love it.
Old 17th April 2016
  #11422
Lives for gear
 
Stimmt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
Loving the HD24. I'm writing everything with hardware recording it live to the HD24 then transfer it to the PC to mix in cubase. Finaliser express for the MPC the 96k is on the 02r's output
Recently I heard a mix that I thought packed some amazing punch and clarity compared to the usual stuff I tend to hear nowadays. Writing an email to the producer to ask how he'd done it ... Yamaha 02r with Finalizer on the Master was the secret weapon, lol. Could have the combo for around 500 bucks on Bay nowadays. Seems to smoke Plugins at a comparable price.
Old 17th April 2016
  #11423
Lives for gear
 
Soothing Sound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHo Kid View Post
Love your cat. Does he produce?
Old 17th April 2016
  #11424
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
He is a Bengal. The breed all have amazing markings, and a really awesome personality. My boy here will hop in the bath with the kids! Bloody pricey things though, I could have bought two fully tricked out MPC1000's for what he cost me.

Worth every cent though. He's been my rock going through the divorce.

Your cat is gorgeous! By the expression on the cat, it definitely looks like a studio guardian!

Sorry to hear about your break-up, those damn things can be rough. Been through two of them myself. Hang in there mate and I'm glad to hear that your pet cat is there for ya! I have one too, they are great company and bring much joy and comfort. The slutty gear also uplifts the spirit!

Cheers!
Old 17th April 2016
  #11425
Lives for gear
 
deng's Avatar
So here’s my GS journey.....

2011

2012

2014

Today


Been using only VST’s previously and just recently decided that I wanted some realtime hands-on gear….. so my first HW foray was a Minilogue, a JP-08 and purchased a Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII which won’t arrive til mid May, to accompany my midi keyboards…….now, I have the Volca FM and Mother 32 on the radar as well as other baddies over the horizon as well as setting up a spot in the studio for this indulgence……LoL!!

I wanna track/record some live improvised jams/performances……..influenced by Earmonkey Music’s setup/gear
https://youtu.be/0oFDNVVDOtE

________________________________________________________________________
UAD Apollo 8 Duo • iD22 • 003 Console • JoeMeek OneQ • Kemper Profiler • Eleven Rack
Focal Twin6 Be • Emes Pink • Focal CMS40+Sub • AKG 702 • Senn HD 650
iMac 3.1Ghz 16Gb • OS X 10.11.4 • Pro Tools 12.4 LPX 10.2.2 Studio One 3.2 Live 9.6
Mac mini Qi7 2.3Ghz 16Gb • OS X 10.11.5b • OS X Server • Pro Tools 12.5 LPX 10.2.2
riMac 5K 3.5Ghz 24Gb • OS X 10.11.5b • PSCS6 LR6 DXO10 FCPX Motion Live 9.6
Old 17th April 2016
  #11426
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
So here’s my GS journey.....

Kemper Profiler • Eleven Rack
Love my Eleven. It always amazes me as a former owner of many of the amps it models just how realistic it sounds. Like, close enough to make it worth selling the real amps, even. So since you've got an Eleven and a Kemper at the same time, care to share your opinions one versus the other?
Old 18th April 2016
  #11427
Lives for gear
 
deng's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Love my Eleven. It always amazes me as a former owner of many of the amps it models just how realistic it sounds. Like, close enough to make it worth selling the real amps, even. So since you've got an Eleven and a Kemper at the same time, care to share your opinions one versus the other?
I barely use the 11r as I bought it mainly for a 2nd PT license when they were packaged together at nearly the price of a new PT license. It's still acceptable but the current breed of outboard sims (Kemper/AxeFX/Helix) are much closer to the real deal.

Heck, the Kemper is at another level/league (price wise as well). I got it mainly to get access to profiles/tones/sound of amps that I either couldn't afford (Dumble) or rare vintage ones. I prefer playing/practicing with my real tube amps.....LoL!!
Old 18th April 2016
  #11428
PTB
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
He is a Bengal. The breed all have amazing markings, and a really awesome personality. My boy here will hop in the bath with the kids! Bloody pricey things though, I could have bought two fully tricked out MPC1000's for what he cost me.

Worth every cent though. He's been my rock going through the divorce.
Beautiful cat! My cat has been my rock (hard breakup but not a divorce) and is a protector of all my music gear as well!

Stay strong and channel everything into your music. That's what I've been trying to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_0510.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-tifao.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_0709.jpg   Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups-img_0010.jpg  
Old 18th April 2016
  #11429
Gear Head
 
lovemonkey3833's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4mples View Post
Here are some pics of my New Studio. The Deal with my wife was that if invested in the Xl-Desk she would get to decorate.
Man you are seriously making me want a fU****g divorce! And my wife is still hot and cool. But not that damn cool! That is a wicked setup man...really wicked! Almost my dream rig...wait! It is! Down to the monitors and everything! Any chance you could put some links up of some stuff you've done with this setup?
Would love to hear it in action!
Old 18th April 2016
  #11430
Lives for gear
 
jude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmt View Post
Recently I heard a mix that I thought packed some amazing punch and clarity compared to the usual stuff I tend to hear nowadays. Writing an email to the producer to ask how he'd done it ... Yamaha 02r with Finalizer on the Master was the secret weapon, lol. Could have the combo for around 500 bucks on Bay nowadays. Seems to smoke Plugins at a comparable price.
Same as an old truck, more reliable and more torque. You just need to know how to drive it
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
STF / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
67
James Lugo / So many guitars, so little time
394
sarza73 / High end
2
RichT / So much gear, so little time
14

Forum Jump
Forum Jump