The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
POLY-ANA synth..... absolutely stunning sounding Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Addict

Sounds like you have a 4k display. This is an innate issue with plugin formats that don't support resizing exactly the same (or at all) in all hosts. There are things you can do at the operating system level though to zoom into apps and windows.

And again, the "problems" are what makes L'il l'il. And we don't want you to buy it, we want you to buy her big sister, the full Poly-Ana! (Though the edit fields will still be the same size regardless of the skin you choose. Sorry, but again, to make it not too small for you we'd have to make it too big for everyone on 2k and lower resolution displays, which is us as well as the vast majority of our customers.)
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Of note to some: Fully MPE compatible and plays nicely with the Seaboard and Linnstrument.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Aiken View Post
Of note to some: Fully MPE compatible and plays nicely with the Seaboard and Linnstrument.
Yep, our multi-channel MIDI-Guitar support made Poly-Ana mostly MPE-ready, even long before MPE was ever proposed! And now we've just released the 1.3.2 update to Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana to further improve MPE compatibility. A new Option has been added to select between the old MIDI-Guitar behavior and a new MPE On mode. With MPE On the WHEEL modulation source can now be unique across voice/channels (as well as pitch-bend, PRESS, EXPR, IN-1 and IN-2 which have allowed unique control all along) and the Master Channel functionality of MPE is now supported to allow controllers on Channel 1 to affect all other voice/channels.

Definitely looking forward to feedback from MPE users. Let us know how it works for you, please! We think it was pretty capable before and now, with 6 independent modulation axes per-note (Pitch Bend, PRESSure, EXPRession, IN-1, IN-2, Mod WHEEL), you should have more than enough to cover the capabilities of your controller hardware!

Last edited by AdmiralQuality; 1 week ago at 02:03 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana version 1.3.3 released! Fixes a crash bug when Custom Skins that set Tooltip colors were loaded. All better now, we should be back to 100% bug-free status in all of our products!

Enjoy, and let us know if you ever find any bugs, we love to squash them!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Tool View Post
Hey Mike, I used Poly-Ana to create the spooky ambient music on my 9/11 Truther vids. Hope you don't mind.
Don’t feel bad, I scored a retro y2k thing with my P-Ana
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuality View Post
Enjoy, and let us know if you ever find any bugs, we love to squash them!
I just want you to know -- PolyAna has the most amazing bass, with absolutely no effects whatsoever!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluther View Post
I just want you to know -- PolyAna has the most amazing bass, with absolutely no effects whatsoever!
I know, eh? And unlike virtually all the other soft-synth products out there, Poly-Ana cuts through the mix like the real thing.

Thanks dluther!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
My post was more grammatical than political but it was off topic so fair enough that it was deleted.

Going back on topic, I'll be working away shortly and will only have a fairly modest laptop to mess around with (i7-4600U Dual-core (2 Core) 2.10 GHz, 8gb ram)

Will Poly-ana run OK on my machine?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuality View Post
And unlike virtually all the other soft-synth products out there, Poly-Ana cuts through the mix like the real thing.
Well, there is quite a number of other softsynths that have no problem doing the same, let's not overly generalize here I won't be listing them here out of respect for your work, but such a gross oversimplifying overgeneralizing statement must be corrected.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

To my ears, Poly-Ana still is one of these virtual synthesizers with a tremondously distinvtive character - something which can't just be replaced with any other VA synth. It has its own vibe and I really like it!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaterNob View Post
Just install it and find out. Demo mode has no time limits, you can even save and recall your work, so you can get started using it seriously right away. The only limitation is occasional, very short silent gaps in the audio output until authorized.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Well, there is quite a number of other softsynths that have no problem doing the same, let's not overly generalize here I won't be listing them here out of respect for your work, but such a gross oversimplifying overgeneralizing statement must be corrected.
True, and I probably own them.

But PolyAna is one of my "go-to" synths, and my only regret is it took me so long to buy it. Most VIs wash their sound in effects so its difficult to get a good feel for the sound of the actual instrument based on audio demos. Poly-Ana doesn't have any built-in effects.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaterNob View Post
My post was more grammatical than political but it was off topic so fair enough that it was deleted.

Going back on topic, I'll be working away shortly and will only have a fairly modest laptop to mess around with (i7-4600U Dual-core (2 Core) 2.10 GHz, 8gb ram)

Yes, but patches can vary wildly depending on quality settings, voice count, etc. The latests version can get my machine to crackle from time to time, but that's preferable to the old way where there was no real anti-aliasing happening. Now you can run a patch at a lower quality mode without antialiasing and get the take right and then just render it with higher settings.

Anyway, the update sounds good. I'd stay away from hyperbole, though. Filter FM sounds acceptable, but as nice as nice as some other plugins. Overall though, it's solid and it has a ton of functionality including dual filters and amps which can be run in stereo. The UI is much improved, though I think I'm going to do a background that color codes the sections a bit to avoid the wall of controls syndrome. It's been a while since I used it and I had to admit I was hunting around for things that shouldn't be difficult to find. It does come with a large complement of very usable bread-and-butter presets. Tom Sayer sweep? It's in there!

Of course, get the demo. You may not end up buying it, but it's definitely worth trying. It's definitely worth $116.97. Hell, I'd pay as much as $117.23!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search