The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MFB Tanzmaus
Old 19th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy View Post
It'd be nice if they'd get a decent distributor in the States. The Tanzbar looks like fun but no one sells it over here.
False. Order from Analogue Haven.

Thats where I got my Tanzbar.
Old 19th August 2015
Gear Maniac

But where is the HH?
Old 19th August 2015
Lives for gear

Awesome!! you guys are making some of the coolest and best sounding stuff on the market these days.. a big thank you!! .. if these sound on par with Tzbar and carry your usual fair asking price I´ll buy both .. so glad I held off buying other drummachines (just couln´t find the right one) but both of these seam to cover everything I want from my analog drums amusing we are looking at 908ish clones like your previous beauty's.. man you're answering the call for new TRs.. so awesome !!!

Regarding the units: Will the the one with the sample Hats be able to hold user samples? .. and does that mean it has ram for multiple samples?.. as I don´t see any sample select option..

the LFO´s are interesting on the units, are these set to pitch on all sounds? .. I´m guessing key re-triggered LFO here to act as pitch envelopes.. or is something else ..

Thx!
Old 19th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
False. Order from Analogue Haven.

Thats where I got my Tanzbar.
I'd buy directly from MFB. (and have pondered it quite frequently, but never pulled the trigger) I believe with exchange rate, you're actually doing much better price-wise going with that option. (even better if you can find juno having any in stock)
Old 19th August 2015
Gear Guru

MFB is confusing to me. They can't fill their Dominion 1 orders, yet they're releasing more instruments?
Old 19th August 2015
Deleted e71ab78
Interested!
Old 20th August 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ruff View Post
Interesting extra parameter options in the tanzmaus... The samples would suggest that's the 909-esque 503 replacement.
It was mentioned a few months ago by the MFB rep that indeed they were releasing a 503 (909ish) replacement; which apparently is the Tanzmaus, while the 522 replacement is the Tanzbar Lite.

Hope they are priced to sell to poor musicians! That's the only way I was able to purchase the 522 (direct from MFB - excellent service/delivery).
Old 20th August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
MFB is confusing to me. They can't fill their Dominion 1 orders, yet they're releasing more instruments?
The dominion is assembled in house if I understand correctly, maybe they've decided to outsource the others?
Old 20th August 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
There was a statement from MFB on this site, that the bottlebeck with the Dominion 1 assembing is the delivery situation of the Fatar keyboard.
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedyet View Post
I'd buy directly from MFB. (and have pondered it quite frequently, but never pulled the trigger) I believe with exchange rate, you're actually doing much better price-wise going with that option. (even better if you can find juno having any in stock)
That's your choice to make. However if your unit has a problem you'll have to send it to Germany yourself and deal with all of the associated headaches. Whereas buying thru AH you get a nice 30 day return policy, so if something goes wrong you just send it to them for a replacement.
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's your choice to make. However if your unit has a problem you'll have to send it to Germany yourself and deal with all of the associated headaches. Whereas buying thru AH you get a nice 30 day return policy, so if something goes wrong you just send it to them for a replacement.
That's a valid point as well...
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_ View Post
There was a statement from MFB on this site, that the bottlebeck with the Dominion 1 assembing is the delivery situation of the Fatar keyboard.
Do you see impact of 'gimme one octave more' cry on gearslutz. Thete would be cople more hundreds of units and happy slutz if dom1 have only 25 keys )))))
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

...seeing there´s only one Conga/Tom source on Tanzbare Lite (and two on the maus) its logical to think that these thing will have p-locks and even midi CC (just doesn´t make sense to have only one conga/Tom .. just some more awesomeness to look forward to
Old 20th August 2015
I have all of the MFB drum machines. This one looks appealing too...It would be nice for MFB to come out with a more percussion oriented machine like an analog version the TR-727. Nobody really needs yet another analog DB SD LT MT HT CL HH thing...I believ it is time to start exploring analog cirquitry for less convenient analog drum sounds...
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
why would you expect a mfg'er to not develop something new?
even if they have production delays with a completely different product I still want them to be working on new things

wow this new drum machine is looking pretty damn cool!
Old 21st August 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenD202 View Post
why would you expect a mfg'er to not develop something new?
even if they have production delays with a completely different product I still want them to be working on new things

wow this new drum machine is looking pretty damn cool!
Well, I know that I was interested in a Dominion 1, but from all I can see they can't make enough to satisfy demand because they do the assembly in house and they just don't have enough employees. That's fine, but are you really going to deny people who have a synth on order to start shifting resources to a new instrument? Maybe they're subcontracting this new drum synth?
Old 21st August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I know that I was interested in a Dominion 1, but from all I can see they can't make enough to satisfy demand because they do the assembly in house and they just don't have enough employees. That's fine, but are you really going to deny people who have a synth on order to start shifting resources to a new instrument? Maybe they're subcontracting this new drum synth?
I work in mfg so maybe I just see it differently than you, to develop a new piece probably utilizes different folks than those assembling the dominion1. Also, as mentioned, if they have a bottleneck in their supply chain meaning there is nothing to be done on the Dominion1, maybe that is even the reason you see this new product being worked on.
they do come up with some great products
Old 23rd August 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerreyckenGerd View Post
I have all of the MFB drum machines. This one looks appealing too...It would be nice for MFB to come out with a more percussion oriented machine like an analog version the TR-727. Nobody really needs yet another analog DB SD LT MT HT CL HH thing...I believ it is time to start exploring analog cirquitry for less convenient analog drum sounds...
Yes we want more exotic drum sounds !!!
Old 23rd August 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
sorry, you talk about terms without any information.
this is called speculation. reasons for problems with delivery isnt inhouse production, rather situation is to get keyboards from fatar (well known issue) and problems with the silk screen printing. the company werent able the do accurate printing for the last 100 instruments so we had to find a solution. this costs us two months.

Last edited by tripbeat; 23rd August 2015 at 11:44 AM..
Old 23rd August 2015
Gear Guru

So when is the new machine out tripbeat?
Old 23rd August 2015
Here for the gear

cant wait for the t-MAUS!
Old 23rd August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerreyckenGerd View Post
hells yeah!
bring out the Guiro and Cuica, congas, bongos, shekeres, shakers, claves, blocks, maracas, cowbells and all that stuff!
Old 9th September 2015
Gear Nut

New video with sounds uploaded to the MFB FB group!

https://video-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...97&oe=55F053DE
Old 9th September 2015
Gear Head

Hey, that sound not bad at all, need to know the price !
Old 11th September 2015
Lives for gear

First loop by MFB. I like the sample choice, sounds alive to me.

https://www.facebook.com/mfberlin/vi...3157444317683/
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizt View Post
First loop by MFB. I like the sample choice, sounds alive to me.

https://www.facebook.com/mfberlin/vi...3157444317683/
Sounds great! But still wondering if this covers ground the Tanzbar does not....
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sounds great! But still wondering if this covers ground the Tanzbar does not....
Yeah, you are on point here. I would like the know what kind of clap they are going for. 522 clap sounds okish but not amazing and the Tanzbar one it's kinda special, would be great if they go for a classic Roland sound.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Says it's a smaller version of the Tanzbär with 4-7 instruments. Wonder how much cheaper this little mouse is going to come in at.
I think they're making two new drum machines. A smaller Tanzbar and this.
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

new sound demo on the mfb facebook page. 8 minutes longs and sounding pretty good. i really liked the first one the posted. official demos and presentation at the end of october and release november 2015

https://www.facebook.com/mfberlin?fref=nf
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear

i'm surprised nobody is following this closer. but mfb have released pictures of the tanzmaus and tanzbaer lite
Attached Thumbnails
MFB Tanzmaus-mfb.jpg  
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear