The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone using Splice Sounds subscription
Old 28th July 2015
Anyone using Splice Sounds subscription

In theory it's great. Audition and download the sample you want instead of buying packs with thousands of samples you'll never need.

I'm yet to sign up... has anyone on here tried it and if so, thoughts?

https://splice.com/sounds
Old 28th July 2015
never heard of it, interesting business model...has anyone tried doing that before? but definitely seems like it could be nice, i'd rather be able to cherry pick sounds i want than have to buy gigabytes of sounds that somebody else grouped together. not interested in paying another subscription right now though...

on the other hand, i just signed up at the overall splice site to test out the "studio" feature. if i'm in the middle of mixing for a project (as i am now) i usually listen to my latest mixdowns while i'm at work then take notes home to tweak when i get home; having an organized revision system that i can take notes on with attached audio previews sounds like it could be helpful. and if the community takes off it seems like a novel way to collaborate
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Agent, I tried it this morning . 2 week trial(14days), i did put my cc .

So I was navigating for a loop that's funk drums/broken beats . BTW this is very overwhelming for me.. Anyway, I was able to find my loop, I tried to download it but it says, pay now. But I thought I have a two week trial?

So I cancelled. It's not for me. And? I have a 1tb of loops I collected thru out the years and I like the fact that if I click on it, it will play with my song to test it out. WIth Splice? I have to download and then test them..

I'm sure they will be a successful company but it's not for me. They have this other service where you can upload your tracks say on Logic Prox and or Ableton so ppl can collaborate with you.

For loops, I can get them off of Ebay for 2gigs at 7.99 per disc for this one library called Funk Drum Loops.. I love to swipe the low end of those loops and add my 909 4/4 kicks.. I love it.

Anyone likes it? it's a pretty cool site though but I'm I don't see myself scrolling and scrolling thru a million samples/loops..
Thank God for the synthesizer and a step sequencer eh? to create my own loops

Check it out, it maybe good for you.
Old 16th March 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

I tried the trial, just to see...

The cherry picking is nice, and they put some nice features in too. It's not really good value for money and it's next to useless if you intend to buy the full pack of samples because you pay for every sample with no discount, ie, more than the cost of the entire pack from elsewhere.

The selection is a bit generic as well.
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
I tried the trial, just to see...

The cherry picking is nice, and they put some nice features in too. It's not really good value for money and it's next to useless if you intend to buy the full pack of samples because you pay for every sample with no discount, ie, more than the cost of the entire pack from elsewhere.

The selection is a bit generic as well.
it's like a Omnisphere for example 40 gigs of sound right? knowing me I'll just keep scrolling and scolling . Same thing why i didn't get the Roland Integra 7. 6,000 sounds? I'd rather use the synthesizer and create the sound.

Interesting site though but not for me.
Old 20th April 2017
Here for the gear
I think its totally amazing. Had it for half year but didnt use it. Today is my best thing in my productions. All the saves up in the cloud.
Now i can move to my 3 studio setups no problem. I LOVE the save version function and to leave mix tips comments on the track.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Head

Yup its amazing. Same with rent to own plugins on their website.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Head

Yup its amazing. Same with rent to own plugins on their website.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search