The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

What's in YOUR mic locker???

... I've added and subtracted a few in the past few months... Dynamics SM57 x3 SM58 Blue Ball EV RE-18 EV DS-35 (2 - Matched Pair) EV Raven CAD KBM 12 Mystery Cheapo Dynamics -- almost a drawer Full! They keep coming free with mic stands... or maybe they just breed in the drawer... Condensors CAD VSM1 MXL V67i Tube JJ Audio Modded MXL V77 MXL CR-24 x...

View Post

The Shure M68

...dynamic they have a (to be vague and trite) great vintage tone. My best combo so far has been the Electrovoice Raven and the M67 straight into the daw and effect to taste. One cool thing that they do is they have a level loc style of limiting ability when yuo hit the transformers...

View Post

Any reason to keep these mics? AKG, Oktava, EV

...Avantone CV 12, Rode NT1000, AT 4041 (2), Oktava MK 012 (2), MXL 603S, Cascade Knucklehead, MXL V400, SM57, SM58, EV Raven, AT ATM25 (2). I generally record folk or rock. Thanks!

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Key Features: • Dynamic Mic with Studio Detail and Clarity • Cardioid Pattern with Excellent Off-Axis Rejection • Unique Double Swivel-Mounted Design for Ideal Positioning • Great for Voice and Instruments – Live or Studio • Innovative Streamlined Design General Description: The Electro-Voice® Raven is a cardioid dynamic microphone designed to capture the character of both voice and instrument in live sound or studio applications. With a sculpted upper mid-range presence the Raven boasts condenser-like clarity. A streamlined modern design with eye catching retro styling, including raven black finish, nickel chrome detail and adjustable double swivel mount, visually sets the Raven apart from other microphones. The adjustable swivel mount provides exceptional results in many positions and situations making this microphone very versatile. The Raven has a cardioid polar pattern for great off axis rejection isolating the intended sound source and minimizing sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. Satisfying the demand for a dynamic microphone while providing the sonic definition of a condenser microphone make the Raven an excellent choice for many different applications. Application Notes: The low frequency response of the Raven microphone varies with the distance from the sound source. Known as “proximity effect,” maximum bass response is produced in “close-up” use with the microphone ¼ inch from the sound source. Normal bass response is experienced with working distances greater than 24 inches. Working close to the microphone will produce a more robust sound. Close up positioning of the microphone will also reduce the potential for feedback from the sound reinforcement system. When close-talked, the bass-boost provides an increase in overall microphone output level. The mixer gain may be proportionately reduced, resulting in a reduction of the system’s sensitivity to feedback caused by sound entering the microphone from the loudspeakers.