The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Electro-Voice RE & PL mics...

...about the only one that sold. EVen then, SM58's where what folks wanted. EV tried and tried with PL80, gosh I took that mic everywhere and did demos everywhere, but to no avail: SM58 remained king! Brad

View Post

Good quality metal band recording setup (extremely loud)

...recorded our 4 piece instrumental band through a Tascam M308 8 channel mixer (1+2 SM58s overheads on drums, 3 EV PL80 kick, 4 SM57 snare; 5 bass mic'ed with SM58; 6 guitar with SM57; 7 guitar with SM57; organ I think a Radio Shack dynamic) lined into an old Pentium 3 with a Creative...

View Post

Choosing Beetween 3 Mics (Condenser, Dynamic, Dynamic) ??

...so in omni). If possible I'd consider an option that's about as expensive as an SM57/58, a supercardioid like the Electro-Voice PL80. Used they're usually under $60 (the Shure versions are more expensive, like the Beta 58). Not well known like the Shure SM57/58, but a much tighter pattern that will only pick up what's...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

For professionals demanding outstanding vocal performance. The dynamic Electro-Voice PL80 mic delivers incredible power and clarity at an affordable price! The PL80 microphone's unique shape and natural tonal characteristics propel it to premium grade status in the realm of professional performance vocal microphones. The Electro-Voice PL80 microphone offers superb off-axis rejection, ultra-low handling noise, and virtually colorless tonal characteristics. These are the characteristics that make the dynamic E-V PL80 an ideal mic for professionals who demand outstanding vocal performance reproduction. FEATURES Element Type: Dynamic Freq Response: 80 Hz - 16,000 Hz Polar Pattern: Supercardioid Sensitivity: 2.2 mV/Pa Impedance: 600 ohms Connector: 3-pin, XLR-type