The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

My studio is Shure SM57 free...

...often mentioned and recommended midrangey workhorse. Audix i5 Heil PR-20u Heil pr30 Sennheiser E845 Beyer M201 AudioTechnica MB 2K Superlux D108A or FH10 Apex 775 Electro-Voice PL11 Electro-Voice N/D767a Electro-Voice N/D478 Telefunken M80 Beyer M88 CAD D189 But none of them can get you that characteristic boxy sound of the SM57, so be sure to pick up the The Real McCoy for moments of pure boxy heaven !...

View Post

Is a guitar amp modeller needed

...Guitar or pedalboard into the DI box, apply these EQs, and you've got something workable. So, here's what I did: - EV N/D478 in front of my guitar amp, which is a Vox Lil' Night Train 2w valve head, slightly modified ("bright" cap disconnected, vintage Mullard 12AU7 on the input), with an Eminence Man O War...

View Post

Is a guitar amp modeller needed

Which guitar and console did you use, what specific amp were you trying to emulate and how did you monitor the result? I tried your EQ suggestions with a Midas XL4 and monitoring through an ARCS/SB218 rig and we didn't particularly like the results we got with a Gibson es 335 without pedals. ...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

More durable and natural sounding than the other “industry standard” instrument mic, the N/D478 is ideal for miking drums, percussion or guitar amplifiers. Its integrated VOB™ technology reduces resonant distortion at low frequencies. The N/D478 also does a great job as a vocal microphone. FEATURES Outstanding choice for electric guitar/bass guitar amplifier, toms, snare, cymbals, hi-hat, brass and acoustic guitar Dynamic, high-sensitivity neodymium element Cardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation VOB™ technology provides tailored bass response for controlled “proximity effect”