The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

A/B / SHOOTOUT / COMPARISON AUDIO LINKS, post and find them here!

...2020 Audio Technica Pro63 Audio Technica Pro8HEx Audix OM2 Azden SGM-1X Behringer XM8500 Beyerdynamic M 160 Blue Snowball CAD C195 Countryman ISOMAX 4-RF Crown CM-311a Electro-Voice 635A Electro-Voice Cobalt Co4 Electro-Voice Cobalt Co7 Electro-Voice N/D267a Electro-Voice RE11 Electro-Voice RE20 Electro-Voice RE50 Heil Sound PR 20 Heil Sound PR 30 Heil Sound PR 40 MXL 990 MXL 991 MXL USB006 Nady RSM-2 Nady SP33 Nady SP5 Neumann KMR 82 i Neumann U87A Oktava MK319 RCA 44BX RCA 77DX RCA BK1A RCA BK5B RCA BK6B Rode NT-1A Samson C01 Samson CM15P Samson Q1U Sennheiser e835 Sennheiser...

View Post

Mysterious Disappearance: Hum

On Thursday a new mic arrived here, an Electro-Voice N/D367s: Electro-Voice N/D367 s High-performance Dynamic Vocal Microphone I also have an N/D267a, a similar mic. That night I plugged the new mic into a mixer and there was a low-level but disturbing hum in the background. "That mic sure picks up a lot of hum" I...

View Post

So many budget mics - Which one to get for busking?

...thing was some sample recording on the thomann.de website. Some models I considered possible to be good choices were: EV N/D267A - 45€ Shure SM 48 LC - 50€ Audio-Technika MB 3k - 55€ EV N/D367S - 60€ Audio-Technica Pro 41 - 60€ MXL LSM-3 - 60€ All of these get good reviews, they are all compared to the SM58 with...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Key Features: • VOBTM technology provides tailored bass response for controlled “proximity effect” and exceptional vocal clarity • Cardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation • Consistant sound over greater working distances than competitive models • Neodymium based magnet structure provides greater sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio • Warm GripTM handle for more comfortable feel • On/Off switch on N/D267as The acoustic response of the N/D267a and 267as presents optimal performance in a live sound environment. The new “vocally optimized bass” or VOB™ technology provides the performer with reduced resonant distortion at low frequencies. Critical damping of the low frequency resonant peak has resulted in a microphone that replaces the “muddiness” found in competitive models with greater warmth and increased vocal clarity. The increased clarity permits greater working distances than other competitive microphones, and ensures a clean, clear, consistent sound that “cuts through the mix.” Operation The low frequency response of the N/D267a and 267as microphone varies with the distance from the sound source. Known as “proximity effect,” maximum bass response is produced in “close-up” use with the microphone 1/4 inch from the sound source. Normal bass response is experienced with working distances greater than 24 inches. Working close to the microphone will produce a more robust sound. Close up positioning of the microphone will also reduce the potential for feedback from the sound reinforcement system. When close-talked, the bass-boost provides an increase in overall microphone output level. The mixer gain may be proportionately reduced, resulting in a reduction of the system’s sensitivity to feedback caused by sound entering the microphone from the loudspeakers.