The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

electro voice 664/665

...those days of Ampex Tape machines . . . . . I frequently use my 665 along with my four 660A's, RE22's and RE55's. The 665 gets most use for voice. I am wondering how the E-V 664 compares with the 665. Michael

View Post

electro voice 664/665

...DuKane, Stromburg-Carlson, Gates Radio and others. EV, in trying to get share in the MI and live sound market rebranded the 660a and several other microphones into the PL series. They should be identical. EV's are good microphones for the most part. If you want to awaken your ears put one of their ND767...

View Post

What's in YOUR mic locker???

My current Mic Locker: 2 x EV 665 4 x EV 660A 2 X EV PL20 - these are identical to RE 20 and I 're-foamed' them in July 2014 (thanks to 'Ten out of Ten Productions Ltd, London') Does your RE20 rattle? it needs re-foaming! That's all. 2 X EV RE55 2 X EV PL-37 2 X...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

he Model 660 is finished in “Satin chrome,” while the Model 660A carries the “Non-reflecting gray” finish. Other than that, technical specifications of both models are identical. Description and Applications The Electro-Voice Model 660 is a rugged, supercardioid, dynamic microphone designed to provide reliable service in the many situations that directional microphones are required. Nearly all directional microphones exhibit proximity effect (a boost in low frequency response) when used close to a sound source. The 660 does not because it utilizes the Electro-Voice patented Variable-D principle. Therefore the 660 will more accurately respond in those situations that demand the talker, singer or instrument be close to the microphone. The principle underlying “close miking” is that the sound pressure level at the microphone increases 6 dB each time the distance from the sound source is halved. Obviously the output level of the microphone then increases proportionately resulting in a louder sound system or better signal to noise on a recording. “Close miking” can also reduce the often undesirable effects of reverberation as well as provide an increased separation among competing sounds. Specifications Element: Dynamic Frequency Response: 90 to 13,000 Hz (see Figure 1) Polar Pattern: Super Cardioid (see Figure 2) Impedance: 150 ohms/Hi-Z, selectable Impedance Change: Rear of connector insert (see Figure 3) Output Level, 150 Ohm Impedance: –56 dB (0 dB = 1 mW/10 dynes/cm²) High Impedance: –55.5 dB (0 dB = 1 volt/10 dynes/cm²) EIA Sensitivity Rating, 150 Ohm Impedance: –150 dB; High Impedance: –150.5 dB Diaphragm: Electro-Voice Acoustalloy® Case Material: Pressure cast zinc Dimensions: 165.1 mm (6.5 in) x 38.1 mm (1.5 in) maximum, tapered shank (See Figure 5) Finish, 660: Satin chrome; 660A: Non-reflecting gray Net Weight: 289 g (10½ oz), not including cable Cable: 4.6 m (15 ft), two-conductor, shielded, vinyl jacketed with Switchcraft A3F connector