The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

1970s TV Show Production

Many reporters used the EV 655C Electro-Voice 655C I also did sound for TV during that period of time. Most was done MONO. Audio Console was an RCA 6B or a Gates or Collins remote unit for on location use all going to an Ampex 601 Tape Deck or to 2 inch video tape. Microphones were...

View Post

One of my lifetime favorite mics: EV RE-15

My favorite EV microphones include the 666, the RE-15, the 655C and the 635A. Just to name a few...EV makes GREAT microphones and I have use all of these with good results for various audio related functions. FWIW

View Post

Electro Voice 655C. Incredible dynamic mic.

...I get the feeling they sound equally good off axis. I use a cloudlifter which would also work with the 655C. Cheers for your info! I really appreciate that.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Description and Applications The Electro-Voice Model 655C microphone is a dynamic, omnidirectional type designed for highest quality FM, AM, and TV broadcasting. The traditional concept of bulk in broadcast microphones has been abandoned in the Model 655C. Its slim design is made possible without the necessity for closely associated auxiliary equipment. Wide frequency response, wide pickup angle, and light weight make it ideal for many BC and TV applications where size is a factor. It is equipped with an integral Electro-Voice Acoustifoam® filter which minimizes wind and breath blasts. The Model 655C can be mounted on a stand coupler which permits tilting the microphone through a 90° arc. It can be mounted also on a floor or desk stand, on a boom, or carried in the hand. This high-quality microphone features the exclusive Electro-Voice Acoustalloy® diaphragm, which permits smooth response over a wide frequency range and withstands high humidity, temperature extremes, corrosive effects of salt air, and severe mechanical shocks. It is practically indestructible with normal use.