The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

What cheap dynamic microphone for acoustic guitar? (no large diaphragms please)

Hm. You may well be right, but I've heard praises of the EV635a on acoustic, that's what brought this thread about.

View Post

8 Different dynamic mics as overheads

...32 converters. Mics: BD Sennheiser e602 II SD Audio Technics ATM23he Rack Tom Beyer M88 Floor 1 Beyer M88 Floor 2 Beyer TGX 50 Room EV 635a (2) taped to the floor Overheads: Beyer M201, Beyer M88, EV 635a, EV RE10, sE V7, Audio Technic ATM25, AKG D119es, Sennheiser 421 U5. The method: I used 3 large stand, with 2 stereo bars and a...

View Post

What would you buy first, second and third?

Get those EV 635a's on your list. They are inexpensive and worth having in your collection (some nice choices you already have). I have a pair that sits more or less permanently on a rotating leslie but they also see great use on brass and woodwinds, especially nice on peaky flutes to grab the...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The classic 635A live interview wired microphone is the most popular (ENG) electronic news gathering mic in the world. It delivers great sound and is known as “The Buchanan Hammer”—a nod to EV’s ancestral Michigan home—for its rugged durability. Also available in black Features Omnidirectional polar pattern Dynamic element Incredibly robust and durable Linear frequency response Completely pop-free Four-stage pop and dust filter Effective internal shock absorber