The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

AudioFire 4 is a complete, portable audio recording interface powered with the flexibility of Firewire and bus power (via 6-pin FireWire cable). It's a full duplex 24-bit 96 kHz interface with a routing playback feature between the computer and different physical outputs, including S/PDIF. Setup is fast and easy. First install the Echo software, and then just plug in your microphone or instrument and start recording with your DAW of choice. The AudioFire 4 offers ultra low-latency monitoring on any Windows XP/Vista/Win 7 or Mac OS X (10.4 or later) computer (desktop or notebook) with a FireWire port. It has two universal front inputs with mic preamps, phantom power to meet your microphone's specifications, and trim knobs for volume control. It also comes with two balanced analog inputs (TRS), four balanced analog outputs (TRS), a stereo headphone output, two FireWire ports, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI I/O.

Discussions

Audio interfaces and their AD/DA chips LISTED

...DJx - AK4396 Indigo IOx - AK4620B AudioFire 2 (Newer models) - AK4620B AudioFire 2 (Older models) - AK4620A AudioFire 4 (Newer models) - AK4620B AudioFire 4 (Older models) - AK4620A AudioFire 8 - CS4272 AudioFire 8a (Newer model w/ ADAT) - AK4620B AudioFire Pre8 - AK4620B AudioFire 12 (Newer models: FireWire ports' beveled...

View Post

Evaluating AD/DA loops by means of Audio Diffmaker

...this should work just the same? all bitrates etc are the same, faders all at 0. the result for my echo audiofire 4 seems too bad!!! anyone else got one to test? >> Parameters: -1.509sec, 0.513dB (L), 0.412dB (R)..Corr Depth: 25.6 dB (L), 27.4 dB (R) i played out of output 3_4 into input 3_4. the...

View Post

New Echo Audiofire Mac driver released this week

Hello, hate to bump this but I was given an audiofire 4 and happen to have an iMac with yosemite OS X. Having trouble getting to work with garageband, any help would be very helpful. I downloaded 5.9 from echos website and it's not recognizing the interface at all. Thanks!

View Post