The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The QTC30 has an excellent cost/performance ratio. With a frequency response to 30kHz and excellent impulse response, it will reproduce sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like, making it an ideal and affordable choice for recording applications. Its smaller stainless steel body is 6.5 inches long and has no handling noise.

Discussions

Earthworks qtc30 vs qtc40

...taking days to decide between the best mics for a Steinway recording (we went with Earthworks QTC-1s, now called the QTC 30, over CMC6/MK2s or 4007s). Now having said that, I have found situations where nothing beats a pair of Schoeps. Is it vibe? I'd rather use the Earthworks flex mixs on podium than...

View Post

Mid-priced pressure omnis?

...whole lot of BULL**** about Earthworks. I don't know what models you guys are talking about, but a matched pair of QTC30 mics has been among our real workhorses here for the past four years. We have used them on a TON of classical sessions, and they were the main mics on a solo...

View Post

Three Mixes: A Boojum/JNorman case study

...and I encourage you to investigate them. Check out these response graphs..... Neumann KM 183 | RecordingHacks.com Neumann M 50 | RecordingHacks.com Earthworks Audio QTC30 | RecordingHacks.com What's your take on the Williams spacing recommendations ? https://microphone-data.com/media/filestore/articles/Stereo%20zoom-10.pdf Do you have a suggestion for an optimal SRA ? Please...if you haven't done so already, allow TF to give you an...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?