The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

replies: 51 views: 26,859
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

replies: 239 views: 95,500
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

replies: 27 views: 25,647
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

replies: 0 views: 12,289
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

replies: 0 views: 14,476
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Hi, I'm new to this board, apologize if posted elsewhere (I searched everywhere I could think of). Have a basic mixer question. ...

replies: 1 views: 181
Bushman 1 day ago

how can i have the Roland TD3 Snare play Snare and / or rim shot on the snare pad? i play it via midi to logic drummer and ez...

replies: 2 views: 199
chaijen 5 days ago

Anyone know what this cymbal is ? I'm not a drummer but a Billy Cobham fan. My drummer friend is not exactly sure what this...

replies: 28 views: 6,462
Jsbarnes 1 week ago

Hi all, first post in the drum forum! I wondered if anyone could offer advice! Does anybody have experience with the Ddrum 4...

replies: 1 views: 507
SynapticGroove 1 week ago

Am looking for a stand to mount a Pearl SY-1 Syncussion unit. The backet used is like the one shown in the attached image, but...

replies: 2 views: 195
filmcomposer 1 week ago

Hi ! It's been a long time since I've wrote any posts here... But we've finished building our studio and would like to share...

replies: 2 views: 252
JulianFernandez 2 weeks ago

OK here's a weird one. I have a white drum kit made up of various orphans. The latest one is slightly yellowed with age. I...

replies: 5 views: 240
joeq 2 weeks ago

Wondering if any of you have any experience with sending your songs out to services like voxengo who track drums for you with...

replies: 20 views: 5,457
bergR80 2 weeks ago

When you're dropping ~$2000 for a 4-drum shell pack, what are you actually getting?

replies: 27 views: 711
bergR80 2 weeks ago

Pearl and Slate have some kind of hardware drum module coming out...

James Monarch
replies: 154 views: 18,059
shatz 3 weeks ago

I have heard good things about the Telefunken drum mics. We currently have the Shure PGA drum kit 7 for live which is like half...

Jason rocks
replies: 5 views: 323
Jason rocks 3 weeks ago

Tempted to buy for a some fun...Any good? Or should I spend more? :cowbell:

John lennon
replies: 1 views: 327
druhms 3 weeks ago

Hi, _Disclaimer_ I'm not a drummer! I'm going through the usual dilemma - should I cut a hole in a nice kick drum skin for...

replies: 2 views: 285
aliensbrains 14th February 2018

Hey folks, so I make electronic music, and I’m looking into getting a drum set that I can record and overlay onto my drum...

replies: 14 views: 445
boomstick 13th February 2018

Crazy good. Intense. The bleeding on all of the drums excessively was a bit much (technique, anyone?), but it added to the...

replies: 29 views: 1,865
theblue1 8th February 2018

Looking to buy 50-100 drum sticks. Quality just has to be decent. Going to be using them as sticks for sale at my rehearsal...

replies: 3 views: 318
Drumsound 4th February 2018

So, I put my beater through a Powerstroke today. That' s the first time I've ever done that. Now, I'm wondering what every one...

replies: 14 views: 509
Drumsound 3rd February 2018

Was using Sennheiser HD280s, but found they would slip off; our space gets hot, I'm a bit a sweat *****, so want something...

replies: 17 views: 661
Joe Porto 1st February 2018

I just needed to share this! My local store gave me a fantastic deal on a new Ludwig Black Beauty (14" x 6.5") and...

replies: 15 views: 1,230
bergR80 31st January 2018

Had to laugh when I saw this: I wonder how long it takes for the...

replies: 23 views: 5,200
John ebe 27th January 2018

Hi, I have a few cymbals at my disposal, and I was wondering what's the right way to clean each one of them. (Will a lemon...

replies: 17 views: 516
bergR80 23rd January 2018

Okay so I have a small recording studio in my basement, treated as well as I can (I rent). I record a lot of psych music and the...

replies: 20 views: 983
benroe 21st January 2018

Hey guys new here but long time lurker. My band is getting ready to record our 2nd album. We do a lot of contemporary Christian...

replies: 11 views: 403
Aparker2005 20th January 2018
replies: 1 views: 378
Drumsound 19th January 2018

I recently took my 25 yro Tama 14x5.5 maple artwood snare apart to clean and replace warped rims and rusted tension rods. I...

replies: 12 views: 565
bergR80 16th January 2018

Keeping toms in tune is problematic. Kick and snare hold their tuning very well. My toms on the other hand are always dropping in...

replies: 20 views: 765
bergR80 16th January 2018

Hi guys. I posted recently in the newbie engineers forum asking various questions to help me with with home recording on my kit,...

replies: 0 views: 334
Merlin5 15th January 2018

So I'm about to track drums for a few of my bands new songs. We are a heavy rock/ metal sound. I am the one playing the drums...

replies: 21 views: 8,856
razorboy 10th January 2018

Hey all, hopefully this is the right place for this, apologies if not. Over the last few years I’ve been collecting...

replies: 1 views: 315
smokescreensam 8th January 2018

I'm one of those guitarists who always wanted to be a drummer Never had my own kit only played and practiced on other peoples...

replies: 34 views: 1,472
CJ Mastering 6th January 2018

I told myself many years ago that I would wait until Roland made a 24 bit version of the SPD-S. I can't believe that it's still...

replies: 2 views: 445
Nielsbeard 24th December 2017

Hello hello, I am not experienced with Kevlar heads or drums in general much at all. Just jamming on friends kits. I have a...

replies: 9 views: 1,430
Padje 23rd December 2017

Title is self-explanatory. I'm a complete beginner, I play the piano and guitar. I only need a good MIDI drum kit with a low...

replies: 0 views: 424
bellamimmo 18th December 2017

Have a set of early 70s Premiers with African mahogany shells that need a rewrap (and hoops, etc.). Not sure whether to go...

replies: 3 views: 701
jennersplural 10th December 2017

I'm a programmer, not a drummer. Which drums or cymbals get a 'sample restart' each time the sound is triggered to make it more...

replies: 3 views: 518
joeq 27th November 2017

Hello slutz! Those of you that track with a click a lot, which ear do you like best for the click ? I know some of you probably...

replies: 12 views: 1,075
Dezibelzebub 17th November 2017

Yo, I have a Roland TD15-KV electronic drum kit with a Roland KD-9 kick pad and a double pedal setup. I'm looking for some...

replies: 2 views: 509
Ghamarro 16th November 2017

I'm looking into getting a drum set for working with ideas and generally screwing around with. I've got a bunch of guitars, a...

replies: 35 views: 1,951
formula428 13th November 2017

Hi guys. I'm gathering a spec of equipment together to buy, to record video and audio of my drums at home along with backing...

replies: 6 views: 758
Merlin5 8th November 2017

Good morning everyone, I had a question about the drum heads i have. I can't seem to find the same ones to replace them, so...

replies: 10 views: 938
chrisso 29th October 2017

I just picked up a double kick on eBay and the slave pedal's chain is kinda slanted and I can't figure out if it can be adjusted....

replies: 1 views: 546
WKWizard 24th October 2017

I've gone from a Gibraltar dud, to a brief love affair with a vintage Ludwig Speed King (fell apart, unfortunately, and could...

replies: 14 views: 1,456
gravyface 23rd October 2017

Watching the Simon Phillips with Warren Huart and they talk about the rolled up towel technique. I've been using this 70s era...

replies: 13 views: 930
gravyface 20th October 2017

I have enough 57's for all the toms. I am a little short on i5's and m177's that I think I like better. Do I stick with the 57's...

replies: 54 views: 2,240
Drumsound 15th October 2017

I've been thinking about Birch snares and looking around to see what's available. The PDP drums are really affordable, and seem...

replies: 2 views: 636
Drumsound 13th October 2017

Hey what's up. Anyone want to take a stab at figuring out the time for "Over the Hills and Far Away"? by...

replies: 34 views: 1,901
chrisso 5th October 2017

Hi guys, I hope I've posted this in the right section. I use Steve Slate drums a lot but always run into the same issue on...

replies: 2 views: 693
Raoul23 22nd September 2017

Wenge stave snare with remo mondo head. Awesome drum!

replies: 2 views: 695
unfiltered420 21st September 2017

Hi! I was just wondering if a two-mic setup would work for recording pop-rock/pop-punk drums. I would be using a Roswell Mini...

replies: 8 views: 860
bonerpizza 21st September 2017

Hi, I am getting interested in cymbal sounds and the possibility of reworking them, I am not a drummer and have little...

[email protected]
replies: 8 views: 978
Drumsound 20th September 2017

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search