The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Drums

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 26,739
Padje 3 weeks ago

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 95,236
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 25,533
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,248
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 14,420
toolskid 22nd September 2006

When you're dropping ~$2000 for a 4-drum shell pack, what are you actually getting?

gravyface
replies: 18 views: 492
Drumsound 9 hours ago

I have heard good things about the Telefunken drum mics. We currently have the Shure PGA drum kit 7 for live which is like half...

Jason rocks
replies: 5 views: 281
Jason rocks 1 day ago

Tempted to buy for a some fun...Any good? Or should I spend more? :cowbell:

John lennon
replies: 1 views: 285
druhms 1 day ago

Pearl and Slate have some kind of hardware drum module coming out...

James Monarch
replies: 150 views: 17,688
shatz 1 day ago

Hi, _Disclaimer_ I'm not a drummer! I'm going through the usual dilemma - should I cut a hole in a nice kick drum skin for...

aliensbrains
replies: 2 views: 251
aliensbrains 1 week ago

Hey folks, so I make electronic music, and I’m looking into getting a drum set that I can record and overlay onto my drum...

drainyoo
replies: 14 views: 400
boomstick 1 week ago

Crazy good. Intense. The bleeding on all of the drums excessively was a bit much (technique, anyone?), but it added to the...

gravyface
replies: 29 views: 1,779
theblue1 2 weeks ago

Looking to buy 50-100 drum sticks. Quality just has to be decent. Going to be using them as sticks for sale at my rehearsal...

Harry_Sound
replies: 3 views: 288
Drumsound 3 weeks ago

So, I put my beater through a Powerstroke today. That' s the first time I've ever done that. Now, I'm wondering what every one...

Drumsound
replies: 14 views: 441
Drumsound 3 weeks ago

Was using Sennheiser HD280s, but found they would slip off; our space gets hot, I'm a bit a sweat *****, so want something...

gravyface
replies: 17 views: 616
Joe Porto 3 weeks ago

I just needed to share this! My local store gave me a fantastic deal on a new Ludwig Black Beauty (14" x 6.5") and...

replies: 15 views: 1,150
bergR80 3 weeks ago

Had to laugh when I saw this: http://www.precisiondrum.com/monster-kick3_copy.jpg I wonder how long it takes for the...

Jax
replies: 23 views: 5,160
John ebe 4 weeks ago

Hi, I have a few cymbals at my disposal, and I was wondering what's the right way to clean each one of them. (Will a lemon...

LukeSkyStudio
replies: 17 views: 467
bergR80 4 weeks ago

Okay so I have a small recording studio in my basement, treated as well as I can (I rent). I record a lot of psych music and the...

austinkane1
replies: 20 views: 868
benroe 4 weeks ago

Hey guys new here but long time lurker. My band is getting ready to record our 2nd album. We do a lot of contemporary Christian...

Aparker2005
replies: 11 views: 354
Aparker2005 20th January 2018
replies: 1 views: 332
Drumsound 19th January 2018

I recently took my 25 yro Tama 14x5.5 maple artwood snare apart to clean and replace warped rims and rusted tension rods. I...

Raggypony
replies: 12 views: 516
bergR80 16th January 2018

Keeping toms in tune is problematic. Kick and snare hold their tuning very well. My toms on the other hand are always dropping in...

AudioWonderland
replies: 20 views: 704
bergR80 16th January 2018

Hi guys. I posted recently in the newbie engineers forum asking various questions to help me with with home recording on my kit,...

Merlin5
replies: 0 views: 285
Merlin5 15th January 2018

So I'm about to track drums for a few of my bands new songs. We are a heavy rock/ metal sound. I am the one playing the drums...

dosilegecko
replies: 21 views: 8,698
razorboy 10th January 2018

Hey all, hopefully this is the right place for this, apologies if not. Over the last few years I’ve been collecting...

smokescreensam
replies: 1 views: 274
smokescreensam 8th January 2018

I'm one of those guitarists who always wanted to be a drummer Never had my own kit only played and practiced on other peoples...

dullfangs
replies: 34 views: 1,365
CJ Mastering 6th January 2018

I told myself many years ago that I would wait until Roland made a 24 bit version of the SPD-S. I can't believe that it's still...

Nielsbeard
replies: 2 views: 389
Nielsbeard 24th December 2017

Hello hello, I am not experienced with Kevlar heads or drums in general much at all. Just jamming on friends kits. I have a...

Roman
replies: 9 views: 1,359
Padje 23rd December 2017

Title is self-explanatory. I'm a complete beginner, I play the piano and guitar. I only need a good MIDI drum kit with a low...

bellamimmo
replies: 0 views: 378
bellamimmo 18th December 2017

Hi all, first post in the drum forum! I wondered if anyone could offer advice! Does anybody have experience with the Ddrum 4...

Nismology
replies: 0 views: 402
Nismology 11th December 2017

Have a set of early 70s Premiers with African mahogany shells that need a rewrap (and hoops, etc.). Not sure whether to go...

gravyface
replies: 3 views: 653
jennersplural 10th December 2017

I'm a programmer, not a drummer. Which drums or cymbals get a 'sample restart' each time the sound is triggered to make it more...

HSLand
replies: 3 views: 461
joeq 27th November 2017

Hello slutz! Those of you that track with a click a lot, which ear do you like best for the click ? I know some of you probably...

firby
replies: 12 views: 1,015
Dezibelzebub 17th November 2017

Yo, I have a Roland TD15-KV electronic drum kit with a Roland KD-9 kick pad and a double pedal setup. I'm looking for some...

Ghamarro
replies: 2 views: 448
Ghamarro 16th November 2017

I'm looking into getting a drum set for working with ideas and generally screwing around with. I've got a bunch of guitars, a...

DeltaCharlieEcho
replies: 35 views: 1,842
formula428 13th November 2017

Hi guys. I'm gathering a spec of equipment together to buy, to record video and audio of my drums at home along with backing...

Merlin5
replies: 6 views: 676
Merlin5 8th November 2017

Good morning everyone, I had a question about the drum heads i have. I can't seem to find the same ones to replace them, so...

dreckdirect
replies: 10 views: 868
chrisso 29th October 2017

I just picked up a double kick on eBay and the slave pedal's chain is kinda slanted and I can't figure out if it can be adjusted....

elkcloner
replies: 1 views: 483
WKWizard 24th October 2017

I've gone from a Gibraltar dud, to a brief love affair with a vintage Ludwig Speed King (fell apart, unfortunately, and could...

gravyface
replies: 14 views: 1,401
gravyface 23rd October 2017

Watching the Simon Phillips with Warren Huart and they talk about the rolled up towel technique. I've been using this 70s era...

gravyface
replies: 13 views: 856
gravyface 20th October 2017

I have enough 57's for all the toms. I am a little short on i5's and m177's that I think I like better. Do I stick with the 57's...

AudioWonderland
replies: 54 views: 2,113
Drumsound 15th October 2017

I've been thinking about Birch snares and looking around to see what's available. The PDP drums are really affordable, and seem...

Drumsound
replies: 2 views: 586
Drumsound 13th October 2017

Hey what's up. Anyone want to take a stab at figuring out the time for "Over the Hills and Far Away"? by...

starsoul707
replies: 34 views: 1,763
chrisso 5th October 2017

Hi guys, I hope I've posted this in the right section. I use Steve Slate drums a lot but always run into the same issue on...

Raoul23
replies: 2 views: 641
Raoul23 22nd September 2017

Wenge stave snare with remo mondo head. Awesome drum!

unfiltered420
replies: 2 views: 630
unfiltered420 21st September 2017

Hi! I was just wondering if a two-mic setup would work for recording pop-rock/pop-punk drums. I would be using a Roswell Mini...

JosephMordrake
replies: 8 views: 799
bonerpizza 21st September 2017

Hi, I am getting interested in cymbal sounds and the possibility of reworking them, I am not a drummer and have little...

[email protected]
replies: 8 views: 900
Drumsound 20th September 2017

So i just got hold of superior drummer 3 last night! messed around with it a bit and theres some really cool tones there!...

91sound
replies: 1 views: 889
91sound 18th September 2017

Whats a good snare for Hard Rock thats around $350 ? I played a Ludwig Black Magic 8 x 14 in a store and it sounded great ....

ScumBum
replies: 11 views: 5,746
DaPhunk73 17th September 2017

New to me, but of course vintage. This is my first Camco and I'm looking forward to using them. Oaklawn in their original walnut...

ADG
replies: 7 views: 648
Drumsound 12th September 2017

I've always been a Zildjian guy, but recently picked up some used Paiste Signatures. What are your thoughts regarding the...

ADG
replies: 3 views: 616
foamboy 12th September 2017

Having trouble getting the kick to sit in mix. Maple 22x18 drum. I use a beta52 just inside the port ala Simon Phillips. Isolated...

AudioWonderland
replies: 15 views: 811
JamieOxford 11th September 2017

I'm getting a $2k bonus at my day job and instead of buying more recording trinkets, I'm thinking of upgrading my...

gravyface
replies: 24 views: 13,397
Suspects 3rd September 2017

I've been doing some research/looking at some new ideas for studio drum sets. I've really enjoyed working with some shallower...

andersmv
replies: 74 views: 7,588
andersmv 1st September 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search