The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 1,972
Views: 1,972
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 27,834
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 98,936
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 27,509
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,677
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 14,912
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 16 views: 1,328
rcprod 1 day ago

First off, this is my first post, i've heard of this site many times but i've finally decided to mozy my way onto the...

AfterbirthApple
replies: 4 views: 4,232
jerry123 1 week ago

Hello everyone, been reading the great threads here for a while, but thought I'd give it go on the community. Anyways, I'm...

Lunarhivemind
replies: 3 views: 284
shaytron 1 week ago

I've been recording drums for a while and while they sound okay, they always end up coming out a bit plain and bland and I love...

No6h
replies: 3 views: 316
No6h 1 week ago

More of a hypothetical because im not a drummer nor in the market. But I was watching a Rick Beato video where he interviews...

Retkid
replies: 8 views: 411
joeq 1 week ago

My studio has a small live room and 6-inputs. Lots of 6" absorbers to clean up the acoustics. I find that while overheads...

AudioWonderland
replies: 22 views: 466
playon 1 week ago

First, I HATE drum shields. Looking for a good compromise. Here is a photo of a plexi disc idea I saw at a concert.... You...

bambamboom
replies: 6 views: 271
Wayne 2 weeks ago

Or, probably why I should have maintained my drums better. I bought a Pearl Forum drum kit in 2001 or 2002 and used them for...

GTRTony
replies: 11 views: 310
GTRTony 3 weeks ago

I bought a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B drum kit with 8x10, 9x12, 14x16 inch toms in Duracover Wraps from a Sam Ash store about...

Lucas Sheldon
replies: 14 views: 779
AudioWonderland 3 weeks ago

I'd love to hear your interesting drum muffling techniques. None of that "pillow/blanket in kick drum" or...

Dædalus
replies: 28 views: 9,123
hatzaudio 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice snare drum that sounds great recorded and is really versatile. I have a 6.5x14 DW Collector's...

OwensDrumming
replies: 112 views: 10,308
formula428 4 weeks ago

The Roland TD-11K entry-level kit ships with 2 cymbals, but - as I've shown in a previous article - it can easily be extended...

flundstrom2
replies: 1 views: 3,427
doggyd69b 11th April 2019

Hi everyone! I'm trying to send CCs to my Tanzmaus via my MPC 1000. I tried all the different modes (Play mode / Step Rec...

_grese_
replies: 0 views: 244
_grese_ 8th April 2019

Hi drummer friends! Looking at purchasing a simple set of "studio cymbals" to cover when a drummer doesn't have the...

psycho_monkey
replies: 38 views: 1,541
Drumsound 5th April 2019

I’m having a problem with my snare wire vibrating (not resonating, excuse the Subject typo) each time I strike my toms. I had...

KickDrummer
replies: 10 views: 452
Chris Perra 3rd April 2019

hello: i recently purchased steven slate drums 5 for use in my studio to work with a roland td20 kit and with various midi...

jaschoon
replies: 0 views: 217
jaschoon 31st March 2019

Killer deal on a used 4 piece kit, 8-ply maple is making my mouth water. rockout Talk to me fellas.

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 255
gravyface 28th March 2019

I'm gonna do a recording session soon where I have to record this disco-y and tight drum sound. Here are some examples (sorry for...

TooMuchTreble
replies: 3 views: 294
badmark 28th March 2019

So you're entering the chorus of a super heavy tune, are you washing out one of your large crashes, smaller crashes, or...

gravyface
replies: 20 views: 588
Drumsound 27th March 2019

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of upgrading my kit from purely acoustic to an acoustic/hybrid setup. The Roland TM-6 Pro...

Gonebytim
replies: 1 views: 295
bambamboom 22nd March 2019

Hi everyone, I'm in the midst of beginning my new album, which I'm "one-man banding". I tend to write a lot of...

BDW42
replies: 11 views: 1,631
raggedman 17th March 2019

If you've listened to 70's progressive rock, you probably know what I'm talking about. King Crimson, Yes and Camel used a very...

jdtrbn
replies: 44 views: 18,377
Drumsound 4th March 2019

Hi all. I’m a guitar player, but my wife scored a complete drum set for $100 on Facebook. Even comes with a Ludwig...

arsonculture
replies: 3 views: 421
arsonculture 1st March 2019

I've been noticing when I flip up the strainer on my snare to tighten the wires that there is a crackling sound occurring....

didlisquat
replies: 10 views: 1,260
thismercifulfate 27th February 2019

Anyone ever try this? I don't know if I have enough omni dynamics to pull this off, but thinking of using 100% omni mics to...

gravyface
replies: 15 views: 461
Karloff70 24th February 2019

Hi all. Just picked up a few vintage Roland PD-20 drum trigger pads to control a vintage Simmons SDS8 drum module. They aren't...

suburbanbeat
replies: 2 views: 282
elegentdrum 24th February 2019

Hi gents, For those that don't know, my room is a 20x30x15 monster with a big, slightly trashy sound thanks to corregated...

gravyface
replies: 15 views: 494
gravyface 19th February 2019

I have neither the $$$ nor the sound proofing to get a real kit so I want an electronic kit to practice on. It must have the...

HSLand
replies: 15 views: 645
EvilRoy 17th February 2019

Hi. I'm not a drummer but I'm trying to build up a quality drum collection for recording. Being that the Ludwig Supraphonic is a...

elginchris
replies: 10 views: 547
elginchris 9th February 2019

Wondering if any of you have any experience with sending your songs out to services like voxengo who track drums for you with...

shadyru
replies: 26 views: 6,255
txlonelystar 9th February 2019

Hi folks, I've just started to mess around with drum recording so you're gonna see around here quite a bit! A question about...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 36 views: 663
Aural Endeavors 4th February 2019

I recently created a thread looking for half-open hat samples. Now, I'm looking for what I believe are called "Foot...

Tommy Zai
replies: 1 views: 331
joeq 26th January 2019

I've played Ambassador coated on my toms (12x8, 16x16 Yamaha Stage Customs, birch/mahogany) for ages. I tend to tune down a...

gravyface
replies: 30 views: 972
joeq 26th January 2019

Hello, I'm trying to get a set-up in which we have two identical bass drums for some aggressive double bass playing on a death...

Atomicfear
replies: 3 views: 277
theillusionist 24th January 2019

Hey all, hopefully this is the right place for this, apologies if not. Over the last few years I’ve been collecting...

smokescreensam
replies: 2 views: 744
aside 22nd January 2019

I was floored tonight with the M80 from Snare Weight (https://www.snareweight.com/) on my Supra 402. I usually do fine with...

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 387
gravyface 20th January 2019

My band plays rock music and we currently use a Zildjian 22" A Custom Ping Ride (mostly riding, not crashing; wood tip...

fieldofbronze
replies: 0 views: 312
fieldofbronze 19th January 2019

Hey guys I just got this throne in. One word: incredible! The guys at P&D have made an incredible product and I can't...

Aparker2005
replies: 0 views: 254
Aparker2005 18th January 2019

Some songs just need that rim hit - on every stroke, you know what I mean - when the drummer hits the stick evenly accross the...

Jules
replies: 115 views: 23,250
Jules 13th January 2019

Trying to program a drum groove with a similar sound to this song, and am having trouble, especially with the Kick and Snare. Any...

Soundshark
replies: 3 views: 265
Drumsound 9th January 2019

Short version: I just got an old Premier Signia kit for my studio. It has a 20” kick drum that should provide plenty of...

Saturations
replies: 8 views: 436
rasmus 7th January 2019

Hi, recently bought a TD-20 which was working fine except the LCD was not readable on the bottom half. Bought a replacement LCD...

urobolus
replies: 5 views: 2,637
Rude 6th January 2019

So I've been experimenting a little with e-drums. I bought SD3 and it's decent, but the hi hats are really bothering me. It...

Jadestar
replies: 0 views: 229
Jadestar 4th January 2019

I've ended up as owner of this orphan Ludwig tom. My basic research leads me to believe that it's a 60 or a 61 but what I learn...

Andrew Higgins
replies: 1 views: 237
Drumsound 4th January 2019

Hi guys. I quite fancy buying an Aluminium snare. I've listened to most of the ones out there. They all sound good. Acrolite,...

Merlin5
replies: 3 views: 431
6_Three 2nd January 2019

Got a couple of those older Yamaha super sensitive type snare drums. They both have the same issue in that the white nylon...

matherne
replies: 3 views: 335
matherne 31st December 2018

Info is only on german, but check out the videos --nice idea, great sound ! ---> ...

frabo
replies: 8 views: 759
bummklack 17th December 2018

I have a hd1. Recently added an extra bassdrumpedal (with an extra module to trigger as hd1 doesnt allow swapping or addding)...

Guitarking
replies: 0 views: 280
Guitarking 16th December 2018

I KNOW IT'S SUBJECTIVE.... OK... I just want some subjective input. I can get the Pearl for $200 5.5x14 The Tama for $250 ...

Sven62
replies: 4 views: 455
chrisso 13th December 2018

At some point, I don’t know when, I stopped tilting my cymbals inwards. Probably when I flattened out the rack tom angles....

gravyface
replies: 22 views: 779
Sven62 12th December 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search