The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 27,624
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 98,284
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 27,094
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,579
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 14,819
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Hi gents, For those that don't know, my room is a 20x30x15 monster with a big, slightly trashy sound thanks to corregated...

gravyface
replies: 14 views: 361
chrisso 14 hours ago

I have neither the $$$ nor the sound proofing to get a real kit so I want an electronic kit to practice on. It must have the...

HSLand
replies: 15 views: 490
EvilRoy 1 day ago

Hi drummer friends! Looking at purchasing a simple set of "studio cymbals" to cover when a drummer doesn't have the...

psycho_monkey
replies: 27 views: 1,064
chrisso 4 days ago

Hi. I'm not a drummer but I'm trying to build up a quality drum collection for recording. Being that the Ludwig Supraphonic is a...

elginchris
replies: 10 views: 410
elginchris 1 week ago

Wondering if any of you have any experience with sending your songs out to services like voxengo who track drums for you with...

shadyru
replies: 26 views: 6,062
txlonelystar 1 week ago

Hi all. I’m a guitar player, but my wife scored a complete drum set for $100 on Facebook. Even comes with a Ludwig...

arsonculture
replies: 2 views: 334
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi folks, I've just started to mess around with drum recording so you're gonna see around here quite a bit! A question about...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 36 views: 555
Aural Endeavors 2 weeks ago

I recently created a thread looking for half-open hat samples. Now, I'm looking for what I believe are called "Foot...

Tommy Zai
replies: 1 views: 297
joeq 3 weeks ago

I've played Ambassador coated on my toms (12x8, 16x16 Yamaha Stage Customs, birch/mahogany) for ages. I tend to tune down a...

gravyface
replies: 30 views: 843
joeq 3 weeks ago

So you're entering the chorus of a super heavy tune, are you washing out one of your large crashes, smaller crashes, or...

gravyface
replies: 17 views: 467
chrisso 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm trying to get a set-up in which we have two identical bass drums for some aggressive double bass playing on a death...

Atomicfear
replies: 3 views: 233
theillusionist 3 weeks ago

Hey all, hopefully this is the right place for this, apologies if not. Over the last few years I’ve been collecting...

smokescreensam
replies: 2 views: 646
aside 3 weeks ago

I was floored tonight with the M80 from Snare Weight (https://www.snareweight.com/) on my Supra 402. I usually do fine with...

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 312
gravyface 4 weeks ago

My band plays rock music and we currently use a Zildjian 22" A Custom Ping Ride (mostly riding, not crashing; wood tip...

fieldofbronze
replies: 0 views: 235
fieldofbronze 4 weeks ago

Hey guys I just got this throne in. One word: incredible! The guys at P&D have made an incredible product and I can't...

Aparker2005
replies: 0 views: 204
Aparker2005 4 weeks ago

Some songs just need that rim hit - on every stroke, you know what I mean - when the drummer hits the stick evenly accross the...

Jules
replies: 115 views: 22,842
Jules 13th January 2019

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice snare drum that sounds great recorded and is really versatile. I have a 6.5x14 DW Collector's...

OwensDrumming
replies: 89 views: 8,997
Drumsound 10th January 2019

Trying to program a drum groove with a similar sound to this song, and am having trouble, especially with the Kick and Snare. Any...

Soundshark
replies: 3 views: 220
Drumsound 9th January 2019

Short version: I just got an old Premier Signia kit for my studio. It has a 20” kick drum that should provide plenty of...

Saturations
replies: 8 views: 366
rasmus 7th January 2019

Hi, recently bought a TD-20 which was working fine except the LCD was not readable on the bottom half. Bought a replacement LCD...

urobolus
replies: 5 views: 2,498
Rude 6th January 2019

So I've been experimenting a little with e-drums. I bought SD3 and it's decent, but the hi hats are really bothering me. It...

Jadestar
replies: 0 views: 189
Jadestar 4th January 2019

I've ended up as owner of this orphan Ludwig tom. My basic research leads me to believe that it's a 60 or a 61 but what I learn...

Andrew Higgins
replies: 1 views: 196
Drumsound 4th January 2019

Hi guys. I quite fancy buying an Aluminium snare. I've listened to most of the ones out there. They all sound good. Acrolite,...

Merlin5
replies: 3 views: 356
6_Three 2nd January 2019

Got a couple of those older Yamaha super sensitive type snare drums. They both have the same issue in that the white nylon...

matherne
replies: 3 views: 291
matherne 31st December 2018

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 6 views: 936
Jam 30th December 2018

Info is only on german, but check out the videos --nice idea, great sound ! ---> ...

frabo
replies: 8 views: 711
bummklack 17th December 2018

I have a hd1. Recently added an extra bassdrumpedal (with an extra module to trigger as hd1 doesnt allow swapping or addding)...

Guitarking
replies: 0 views: 243
Guitarking 16th December 2018

I KNOW IT'S SUBJECTIVE.... OK... I just want some subjective input. I can get the Pearl for $200 5.5x14 The Tama for $250 ...

Sven62
replies: 4 views: 331
chrisso 13th December 2018

At some point, I don’t know when, I stopped tilting my cymbals inwards. Probably when I flattened out the rack tom angles....

gravyface
replies: 22 views: 651
Sven62 12th December 2018

Apologies in advance—I'm not a percussionist, just someone looking for advice. I'm looking for a cymbal that would match my...

deern
replies: 11 views: 696
valjean24601 7th December 2018

Hey guys - I have a TD-20 kit, the one that was top of the line at the time (10 years ago). I'm wondering about upgrading the...

basehead617
replies: 3 views: 1,230
pw2005 4th December 2018

Is there any difference in the sound of wrapped drums (ie-DW FinishPly) compared to lacquered or satin finish (non-wrapped)...

rcjvnhzn
replies: 33 views: 20,532
SLDaley 3rd December 2018

I've been doing some research/looking at some new ideas for studio drum sets. I've really enjoyed working with some shallower...

andersmv
replies: 89 views: 9,091
seafuzz 22nd November 2018

I was at The London Drum Show this past weekend. Crazy mayhem and a non-stop wall of sound :cowbell:hittt:cowbell: I did an...

chrisso
replies: 4 views: 334
chrisso 21st November 2018

I'm a huge fan of Tame Impala's snare sound. It's crazy how they get that rough yet huge tone in all of their drum tracks. I...

rberotti93
replies: 45 views: 55,666
Jesse Mangum 14th November 2018

Hi fellas! I don't know if i'm writing this Thread at the right place but its about production. And i would like to know how...

Solar
replies: 21 views: 5,011
chrisso 12th November 2018

My 20+ year-old Tama pedal is getting pretty saggy, so I thought I’d trade-on up to a new one. I’m really out of touch...

Tubthumper
replies: 32 views: 5,713
valjean24601 3rd November 2018

So I'm trying to get a drum set that can accommodate jazz to alternative rock, to experimental and some grunge punk... no AC/DC...

Spano
replies: 3 views: 487
Ox Han 27th October 2018

It's been a year since I ruptured my achilles. I was able to play heel down after a couple month and have been able to play heel...

Robby in WA
replies: 8 views: 472
Robby in WA 10th October 2018

Hiya chaps! Ok, I was listening to Billy Joel's 'The Stranger' album. I particularly like 'Scenes from an Italian Restaurant'...

[email protected]
replies: 30 views: 6,852
Drumsound 5th October 2018

Just sharing a bit of fun I had earlier this year looping part of a lesson Vinnie was giving to what I think are student...

Merlin5
replies: 0 views: 307
Merlin5 23rd September 2018

Got 2 new snares recently and I'm extremely excited about them! Can't wait to properly record them. First off, I got my...

Aparker2005
replies: 5 views: 381
Aparker2005 18th September 2018

So, after way too many years of chasing a sound I've admired on numerous recordings, I've finally accepted that what I'm looking...

Bob Ross
replies: 6 views: 421
chrisso 10th September 2018

Kind of a rant, but I have a bass player who likes to drop accents on the back half in kind of weird places. Like a 4/4...

gravyface
replies: 2 views: 535
Bob Ross 6th September 2018

Good day everyone. I am new and happy to be a part of the music making community. I would like some advice or help if you all...

Pastor B
replies: 19 views: 590
Pastor B 1st September 2018

Hey, I just bought this 24" DW kick for the studio. Can someone tell me which line it's from (Design, Performance,...

South Brokelyn
replies: 4 views: 381
Drumsound 30th August 2018

Hey there, thinking of getting one of these for some lo-fi trashy drums, don't suppose anyone here has any experience with one...

SwamiRob
replies: 0 views: 346
SwamiRob 24th August 2018

Anybody tried the rock series? Any good for rock/hard rock?

Freddie Flame
replies: 29 views: 23,222
philvoid 22nd August 2018

Hey There! I need to produce some drum recording sessions in London in a couple of months and i would like to know a couple of...

jakelorenz
replies: 4 views: 501
jakelorenz 20th August 2018

If you are a drummer who uses an electronic drum kit or looking for more information on the new Yamaha DTX920K Electronic Drum...

mikejlazor
replies: 0 views: 371
mikejlazor 17th August 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search