The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 28,990
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 101,907
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 28,880
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 13,236
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 15,446
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Anyone know what kind of drum setup that Roger Hawkins used back in the Muscle Shoals time?

ADG
replies: 1 views: 1,052
macekf 5 days ago

Please? That’s aren’t terrible? Don’t want to spend $500+ abduction

Jules
replies: 8 views: 214
Drumsound 6 days ago

Hey guys, I’m in the process of exploring options for the rhythm section of a new art-rock project, and I need some help...

willmarshall
replies: 4 views: 209
willmarshall 1 week ago

I'd like to do a little study here of the thicknesses of popular metal drum shells. I was inspired to post this after recently...

replies: 19 views: 15,707
Drumsound 1 week ago

I've been looking for a while for good drum samples. Especially looking for drums that are used by the top producers in the...

architecture
replies: 1 views: 278
joeq 2 weeks ago

I am looking to get one for live, acoustic, blues type projects. I've been using Maschine and MPC 2000xl but, decided to try...

Method Man
replies: 4 views: 209
Method Man 2 weeks ago

My drummer has bought a set with a 26" kickdrum. I adviced him against doing it but he went for it anyways -_- Now, the...

oZZma
replies: 8 views: 364
Dr. Mordo 2 weeks ago

So my question is about a kick drum I found at a yard sale. It has a sound hole on the beater side. I’m no drum expert but...

Ruth House Guest
replies: 9 views: 642
reference7101 2 weeks ago

Ive been looking at these drums and doing some research on them and i wonder if anyone here owns them or has played them, what...

Chapiro
replies: 37 views: 24,338
Larry D 3 weeks ago

Can anyone help me identify the drums used in this soundtrack? I’ve been asked to do a cover version of it, and while I can...

jeebles
replies: 0 views: 206
jeebles 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of upgrading my kit from purely acoustic to an acoustic/hybrid setup. The Roland TM-6 Pro...

Gonebytim
replies: 38 views: 1,655
SplineSpider 3 weeks ago

In a sort of continuation to the other thread, are there online drummers you guys use to get the drums your after and do they do...

pingu
replies: 300 views: 54,624
Kronos147 4 weeks ago

I seem to always play Vic Firth Classic 5As.

gravyface
replies: 16 views: 724
chrisso 4 weeks ago

I have a 2001 DW Collectors kit that needs to be re-wrapped and all new hardware. Not looking to DIY, so is there any companies...

shatz
replies: 0 views: 222
shatz 4 weeks ago

Hey guys and gals, I've been having an issue with my SPD-SX SE for some time now and it has to do with the longer backing tracks...

stanleyd25
replies: 4 views: 470
Eric6014 4 weeks ago

I'm in the market for a Ludwig Supraphonic for the studio, but see prices range in hundreds of dollars for what appear to be very...

pedrohead
replies: 10 views: 57,823
johnmatt 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I’m looking for a good drum room mic. What’s are your suggestions? I’m close miking too and do have 2 overhead...

Johnbarnesiii
replies: 14 views: 627
Johnbarnesiii 4 weeks ago

Hi You guys are experts. And I'm looking for a 14x6 snare with "very little sustain". Weird, I know. I tune my...

bladelaw
replies: 14 views: 545
reference7101 21st February 2020

I have an upcoming studio session, kind of a folk-rock thing. We’ll be using a 22 inch kick drum with a full head on the front,...

wildplum
replies: 9 views: 491
PeerSoe 17th February 2020

Hello all. I just listened to Adele - Skyfall for the first time in years, and only now heard for the first how damn amazing...

LauriS
replies: 0 views: 253
LauriS 17th February 2020

I am currently trying to figure out which of two kits to buy for my studio as a general purpose drumkit. One is a georgeous...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 1 views: 585
Whoopysnorp 16th February 2020

Hey, so I just downloaded Super Drummer 3, but I'm kind of clueless when it comes to drums. Rn I want to try to recreate the drum...

Candyhands
replies: 4 views: 381
chrisso 11th February 2020

So.. I have always tuned my drums to a note when needed by tuning the top head to a note and the bottom head up a minor third (3...

Salty James
replies: 8 views: 459
eigentone1 10th February 2020

Hey all, Like the title suggests, just looking for any input / experiences with some low-low/mid range Electronic Drum Kits,...

AndyZippy
replies: 3 views: 283
chrisso 3rd February 2020

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 18 views: 2,266
dug dog 31st January 2020

Hi everyone, I run my own project studio out of some extra space in my house, and it isn't really conducive to recording an...

TheStephenMcRae
replies: 4 views: 922
William91 30th January 2020

Yo guys, Anyone has use any DW double pedal series? I ve use the 2002. Considering buying the 3000 series. I ve read some...

tokeng00
replies: 3 views: 284
mrmike186 26th January 2020

I have a set of 1986 Yamaha Power Recording Custom drums that I am considering selling. They are in excellent shape. Looking for...

Roll Tape
replies: 3 views: 400
eigentone1 24th January 2020

how can I stop drums from sliding on wood floor? I DO NOT want a rug for sound reasons, I was thinking a rubber mat under the...

SoZo
replies: 38 views: 29,584
tokeng00 20th January 2020

Hi fellas! I don't know if i'm writing this Thread at the right place but its about production. And i would like to know how...

Solar
replies: 25 views: 5,968
gravyface 19th January 2020

Thick carpet isn't always the answer, and the rubber feet with spikes isn't either. What ways do you control a kick drum sliding...

warhead
replies: 45 views: 16,467
Bensondrums 18th January 2020

I'm burnt out on 421's. Kinda want to switch to e906's but I thought I would ask GS for thoughts on alternatives.

Salty James
replies: 28 views: 979
McIrish 10th January 2020

If I am posting this in the wrong sub forum I want to apologize in advance, but the advice I am seeking is pretty drummer...

Dysanfel
replies: 3 views: 354
Dysanfel 31st December 2019

Roland OctaPad SPD-30 .... Please See Lighted Pads in Picture .... anyone know how this is done, .. the Blue ish Lighting on...

jwh1192
replies: 3 views: 252
jwh1192 18th December 2019

I’ve been entertaining the idea of buying an older vintage kit. This has popped up close to me for $800. Sizes are 12,13,16,and...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 7 views: 611
Drumsound 18th December 2019

I am considering using a Roland E-drum kit, with a vst drum plugin (DFH, Slate etc) for a live concert. Who has got experience...

DaPhunk73
replies: 1 views: 292
gravyface 18th December 2019

I’m new to Gearslutz so go easy on me! I’m trying to make drum sounds like the ones found in Calvin Harris’ Funk Wav...

jorjoe
replies: 0 views: 359
jorjoe 17th December 2019

Hey guys, Just curious, I have been eyeing this kit for a while and wanted to get some opinions from everyone who has had some...

CISUM
replies: 2 views: 384
CISUM 16th December 2019

Hey, I have a tama bubinga drum kit. The kit is great. Sounds great in the live room. But we cannot get the damn bass drum to...

planck
replies: 11 views: 1,173
Mike110492 14th December 2019

Roland Octapad - USB Drives for backup .. Hi, any Octapad Owners that can help me figure out which Thumbdrives will work for...

jwh1192
replies: 0 views: 513
jwh1192 12th December 2019

Small E Kit for Practice / Playing ... thx in advance .. i am looking for something like a Alesis SamplePad Pro or Samplepad...

jwh1192
replies: 15 views: 802
jwh1192 30th November 2019

I recently picked up the Tune Bot and was skeptical that it would work well. I was dead wrong — it works great and quickly,...

KickSnareHat
replies: 8 views: 784
wildplum 25th November 2019

I'm in the market for a multipad and considering the SPD SX, Strike Multipad, as well as the Nord Drum 3p. Tried out the Strike...

jondom22
replies: 9 views: 855
jondom22 23rd November 2019

Roland TD1kv hihat triggers both shank and tip when playing the shank which causes odd sounds especially when playing through...

RobinL
replies: 0 views: 265
RobinL 13th November 2019

Hi guys. I quite fancy buying an Aluminium snare. I've listened to most of the ones out there. They all sound good. Acrolite,...

Merlin5
replies: 5 views: 908
Drumsound 9th November 2019

Ok friends. Need your opinion on a 14x18 floor tom. DW Any thoughts?

CISUM
replies: 5 views: 378
Aural Endeavors 9th November 2019

Anyone using a double tom stand for a 2-up setup instead of the bass drum mounts? Seems like the off-set positioning would be...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 412
deedeeyeah 2nd November 2019

Alright fellas, straighten me out here. I have: Yamaha stage customs (90s). Birch. 10/12/16/22. They are loud, durable,...

gravyface
replies: 5 views: 457
Drumsound 31st October 2019

I gotta Jerry Seinfeld this: what’s the deal with 1-ply/stave snares? I usually see them listed at twice the price of snare...

flamcake
replies: 6 views: 745
cheu78 27th October 2019

I'm getting fairly annoyed with Steven Slate SSD4/5 and I'm looking for a new software program that's easy to use & map...

ryevick
replies: 4 views: 585
chrisso 25th October 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search