The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 28,836
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 101,613
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 28,710
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 13,170
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 15,376
toolskid 22nd September 2006

I have a 2001 DW Collectors kit that needs to be re-wrapped and all new hardware. Not looking to DIY, so is there any companies...

shatz
replies: 0 views: 22
shatz 54 minutes ago

So my question is about a kick drum I found at a yard sale. It has a sound hole on the beater side. I’m no drum expert but...

Ruth House Guest
replies: 7 views: 532
chrisso 1 day ago

Hey guys and gals, I've been having an issue with my SPD-SX SE for some time now and it has to do with the longer backing tracks...

stanleyd25
replies: 4 views: 407
Eric6014 2 days ago

I'm in the market for a Ludwig Supraphonic for the studio, but see prices range in hundreds of dollars for what appear to be very...

pedrohead
replies: 10 views: 57,520
johnmatt 3 days ago

Hi guys, I’m looking for a good drum room mic. What’s are your suggestions? I’m close miking too and do have 2 overhead...

Johnbarnesiii
replies: 14 views: 522
Johnbarnesiii 3 days ago

I seem to always play Vic Firth Classic 5As.

gravyface
replies: 15 views: 604
reference7101 5 days ago

Hi You guys are experts. And I'm looking for a 14x6 snare with "very little sustain". Weird, I know. I tune my...

bladelaw
replies: 14 views: 454
reference7101 5 days ago

I have an upcoming studio session, kind of a folk-rock thing. We’ll be using a 22 inch kick drum with a full head on the front,...

wildplum
replies: 9 views: 409
PeerSoe 1 week ago

Hello all. I just listened to Adele - Skyfall for the first time in years, and only now heard for the first how damn amazing...

LauriS
replies: 0 views: 212
LauriS 1 week ago

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of upgrading my kit from purely acoustic to an acoustic/hybrid setup. The Roland TM-6 Pro...

Gonebytim
replies: 37 views: 1,449
sethanonninny 1 week ago

I am currently trying to figure out which of two kits to buy for my studio as a general purpose drumkit. One is a georgeous...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 1 views: 540
Whoopysnorp 1 week ago

Hey, so I just downloaded Super Drummer 3, but I'm kind of clueless when it comes to drums. Rn I want to try to recreate the drum...

Candyhands
replies: 4 views: 332
chrisso 2 weeks ago

So.. I have always tuned my drums to a note when needed by tuning the top head to a note and the bottom head up a minor third (3...

Salty James
replies: 8 views: 391
eigentone1 2 weeks ago

Hey all, Like the title suggests, just looking for any input / experiences with some low-low/mid range Electronic Drum Kits,...

AndyZippy
replies: 3 views: 235
chrisso 3 weeks ago

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 18 views: 2,129
dug dog 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I run my own project studio out of some extra space in my house, and it isn't really conducive to recording an...

TheStephenMcRae
replies: 4 views: 809
William91 3 weeks ago

Yo guys, Anyone has use any DW double pedal series? I ve use the 2002. Considering buying the 3000 series. I ve read some...

tokeng00
replies: 3 views: 237
mrmike186 4 weeks ago

I have a set of 1986 Yamaha Power Recording Custom drums that I am considering selling. They are in excellent shape. Looking for...

Roll Tape
replies: 3 views: 346
eigentone1 4 weeks ago

how can I stop drums from sliding on wood floor? I DO NOT want a rug for sound reasons, I was thinking a rubber mat under the...

SoZo
replies: 38 views: 29,327
tokeng00 20th January 2020

Hi fellas! I don't know if i'm writing this Thread at the right place but its about production. And i would like to know how...

Solar
replies: 25 views: 5,887
gravyface 19th January 2020

Thick carpet isn't always the answer, and the rubber feet with spikes isn't either. What ways do you control a kick drum sliding...

warhead
replies: 45 views: 16,297
Bensondrums 18th January 2020

I'm burnt out on 421's. Kinda want to switch to e906's but I thought I would ask GS for thoughts on alternatives.

Salty James
replies: 28 views: 888
McIrish 10th January 2020

If I am posting this in the wrong sub forum I want to apologize in advance, but the advice I am seeking is pretty drummer...

Dysanfel
replies: 3 views: 301
Dysanfel 31st December 2019

Roland OctaPad SPD-30 .... Please See Lighted Pads in Picture .... anyone know how this is done, .. the Blue ish Lighting on...

jwh1192
replies: 3 views: 204
jwh1192 18th December 2019

I’ve been entertaining the idea of buying an older vintage kit. This has popped up close to me for $800. Sizes are 12,13,16,and...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 7 views: 551
Drumsound 18th December 2019

I am considering using a Roland E-drum kit, with a vst drum plugin (DFH, Slate etc) for a live concert. Who has got experience...

DaPhunk73
replies: 1 views: 239
gravyface 18th December 2019

I’m new to Gearslutz so go easy on me! I’m trying to make drum sounds like the ones found in Calvin Harris’ Funk Wav...

jorjoe
replies: 0 views: 313
jorjoe 17th December 2019

Hey guys, Just curious, I have been eyeing this kit for a while and wanted to get some opinions from everyone who has had some...

CISUM
replies: 2 views: 328
CISUM 16th December 2019

Hey, I have a tama bubinga drum kit. The kit is great. Sounds great in the live room. But we cannot get the damn bass drum to...

planck
replies: 11 views: 1,110
Mike110492 14th December 2019

Roland Octapad - USB Drives for backup .. Hi, any Octapad Owners that can help me figure out which Thumbdrives will work for...

jwh1192
replies: 0 views: 472
jwh1192 12th December 2019

Small E Kit for Practice / Playing ... thx in advance .. i am looking for something like a Alesis SamplePad Pro or Samplepad...

jwh1192
replies: 15 views: 723
jwh1192 30th November 2019

I recently picked up the Tune Bot and was skeptical that it would work well. I was dead wrong — it works great and quickly,...

KickSnareHat
replies: 8 views: 726
wildplum 25th November 2019

I'm in the market for a multipad and considering the SPD SX, Strike Multipad, as well as the Nord Drum 3p. Tried out the Strike...

jondom22
replies: 9 views: 667
jondom22 23rd November 2019

Roland TD1kv hihat triggers both shank and tip when playing the shank which causes odd sounds especially when playing through...

RobinL
replies: 0 views: 224
RobinL 13th November 2019

Hi guys. I quite fancy buying an Aluminium snare. I've listened to most of the ones out there. They all sound good. Acrolite,...

Merlin5
replies: 5 views: 847
Drumsound 9th November 2019

Ok friends. Need your opinion on a 14x18 floor tom. DW Any thoughts?

CISUM
replies: 5 views: 323
Aural Endeavors 9th November 2019

Anyone using a double tom stand for a 2-up setup instead of the bass drum mounts? Seems like the off-set positioning would be...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 364
deedeeyeah 2nd November 2019

Alright fellas, straighten me out here. I have: Yamaha stage customs (90s). Birch. 10/12/16/22. They are loud, durable,...

gravyface
replies: 5 views: 395
Drumsound 31st October 2019

I gotta Jerry Seinfeld this: what’s the deal with 1-ply/stave snares? I usually see them listed at twice the price of snare...

flamcake
replies: 6 views: 678
cheu78 27th October 2019

I'm getting fairly annoyed with Steven Slate SSD4/5 and I'm looking for a new software program that's easy to use & map...

ryevick
replies: 4 views: 537
chrisso 25th October 2019

Hi everyone, Decided I will buy a Powerstroke 3 for my kick batter head. The question now is: clear or coated? I play...

Guitarking
replies: 2 views: 351
gravyface 23rd October 2019

Hey guys! I'm a guitar player (although I did play some drums when I was younger) looking to get a drum kit for my home...

fatbuddha09
replies: 22 views: 1,303
Drumsound 20th October 2019

I might be getting a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 to augment my acoustic kit in a jazz/latin trio setting where the bassist is already...

JohnRick
replies: 2 views: 701
JohnRick 19th October 2019

hello: im hoping i might get mapping advice from someone who uses both addictive drums 2 (ad2) and steven slate drums 5...

jaschoon
replies: 1 views: 302
Darkdeity9194 14th October 2019

Hi guys :) I am on the verge of purchasing the Alesis Surge Mesh kit, but like many people, I am really not too keen on the...

Konsider
replies: 0 views: 390
Konsider 5th October 2019

Hi everyone Thinking of replacing my batterhead of my kick. Doesnt sound good now (dont know the age but its a Remo...

Guitarking
replies: 8 views: 650
Guitarking 4th October 2019

In a sort of continuation to the other thread, are there online drummers you guys use to get the drums your after and do they do...

pingu
replies: 298 views: 54,319
JeffSanders 30th September 2019

Hi everyone, Got myself a second hand 80's rockstar kit. Replaced all heads (expect kick) and learned how to tune etc... but...

Guitarking
replies: 5 views: 632
Guitarking 28th September 2019

Watching Eric Valentine's videos and there is no doubt the amount of smashing you can go for when you record cymbals as an...

gravyface
replies: 12 views: 755
mbvoxx 22nd September 2019

Hi I would like to hear different opinions and experiences with different brands/types of hardware. Im after the most solid,...

Omnaskull
replies: 9 views: 848
spambot_2 20th September 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search