The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Drums

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 26,972
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 95,990
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 25,845
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,331
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 14,524
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Hi All, I have a small home studio with a Taye Gokit mic'ed up with a Sure drum mic set. It includes 2 over heads, 3 tom mic's,...

Ash Telecaster
replies: 13 views: 323
Drumsound 9 hours ago

I use superior 3.0 I make my sound till it sounds right in siliperior, going to a stwreo output into my daw. When i want to...

Guitarking
replies: 0 views: 177
Guitarking 23 hours ago

Just curious to see, what tends to be a favorite drum kit for recording? Specifically a current production kit, and not vintage.

ADG
replies: 3 views: 322
biggator6 2 days ago

Scored a Gretsch gold series bell brass today! MF had them on clearance and I couldn't pass it up. I had one last year and sold...

Aparker2005
replies: 22 views: 402
Aparker2005 1 week ago

My old 70s Zildjian 24” ride needs a pingy sub-in for louder stuff where I need more cut. Favourite bells on rides?

gravyface
replies: 1 views: 275
Drumsound 1 week ago

Many of us seem to enjoy vintage drums, and I often hear about the joys of recording some of the major vintage drum brands. But...

ADG
replies: 5 views: 361
joeq 1 week ago

Last Summer I spent a couple of days recording rare and vintage drums in a couple of the UK's best studios. The samples are...

chrisso
replies: 8 views: 416
chrisso 1 week ago

I am currently in the market for a black nickel over brass snare drum after playing 6.5x14 black beauty at a gig where I forgot...

TwinSpeakDrummer
replies: 8 views: 331
pw2005 2 weeks ago

Kind of a rant, but I have a bass player who likes to drop accents on the back half in kind of weird places. Like a 4/4...

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 216
gravyface 2 weeks ago

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 2 views: 305
freezerman 2 weeks ago

Anyone know what this cymbal is ? I'm not a drummer but a Billy Cobham fan. My drummer friend is not exactly sure what this...

SubwayRocket
replies: 29 views: 6,561
Poopypants 2 weeks ago

I have ordered a 26x14 black maple kick through A&F Drum co. in Texas for use in my studio. I have another birch set with a...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 45 views: 825
Zanderwestcoast 2 weeks ago

What are your thoughts on DW Collectors maple drum kits vs Tama Starclassic Maple? Just bass and toms, no snare talk here. I...

ADG
replies: 0 views: 239
ADG 2 weeks ago

Hello. The Cajon looks like great fun.....Have any drummers here ever used one? What are the pros and cons? And which...

clump
replies: 22 views: 442
clump 2 weeks ago

I posted this on a drum forum, but my friend who is an engineer, suggested some people over here might find this info...

Chunkaway
replies: 11 views: 43,619
tomvette 3 weeks ago

Hiya. I'd like to turn an unused bass drum into a floor tom. I have it propped up right now, sounds awesome, I can make thunder...

EvilRoy
replies: 8 views: 281
Drumsound 4 weeks ago

When you're dropping ~$2000 for a 4-drum shell pack, what are you actually getting?

gravyface
replies: 34 views: 1,107
bergR80 16th April 2018

I'm one of those guitarists who always wanted to be a drummer Never had my own kit only played and practiced on other peoples...

dullfangs
replies: 38 views: 1,654
pw2005 15th April 2018

Had to laugh when I saw this: http://www.precisiondrum.com/monster-kick3_copy.jpg I wonder how long it takes for the...

Jax
replies: 24 views: 5,289
DarthKurt 10th April 2018

I just picked one of these suckers up. Any of you using this? It's build quality is as good as a dw5000/9000. They make a...

Nu-tra
replies: 19 views: 2,682
OffSet 7th April 2018

Hi, I'm new to this board, apologize if posted elsewhere (I searched everywhere I could think of). Have a basic mixer question. ...

Wayouthere
replies: 3 views: 234
bergR80 3rd April 2018

how can i have the Roland TD3 Snare play Snare and / or rim shot on the snare pad? i play it via midi to logic drummer and ez...

chaijen
replies: 2 views: 240
chaijen 18th March 2018

Hi all, first post in the drum forum! I wondered if anyone could offer advice! Does anybody have experience with the Ddrum 4...

Nismology
replies: 1 views: 710
SynapticGroove 15th March 2018

Am looking for a stand to mount a Pearl SY-1 Syncussion unit. The backet used is like the one shown in the attached image, but...

filmcomposer
replies: 2 views: 237
filmcomposer 15th March 2018

Hi ! It's been a long time since I've wrote any posts here... But we've finished building our studio and would like to share...

Kajtek
replies: 2 views: 299
JulianFernandez 9th March 2018

OK here's a weird one. I have a white drum kit made up of various orphans. The latest one is slightly yellowed with age. I...

joeq
replies: 5 views: 270
joeq 7th March 2018

Wondering if any of you have any experience with sending your songs out to services like voxengo who track drums for you with...

shadyru
replies: 20 views: 5,524
bergR80 7th March 2018

Pearl and Slate have some kind of hardware drum module coming out...

James Monarch
replies: 154 views: 18,612
shatz 28th February 2018

I have heard good things about the Telefunken drum mics. We currently have the Shure PGA drum kit 7 for live which is like half...

Jason rocks
replies: 5 views: 372
Jason rocks 24th February 2018

Tempted to buy for a some fun...Any good? Or should I spend more? :cowbell:

Sleazy_Rider
replies: 1 views: 372
druhms 24th February 2018

Hi, _Disclaimer_ I'm not a drummer! I'm going through the usual dilemma - should I cut a hole in a nice kick drum skin for...

aliensbrains
replies: 2 views: 315
aliensbrains 14th February 2018

Hey folks, so I make electronic music, and I’m looking into getting a drum set that I can record and overlay onto my drum...

drainyoo
replies: 14 views: 497
boomstick 13th February 2018

Crazy good. Intense. The bleeding on all of the drums excessively was a bit much (technique, anyone?), but it added to the...

gravyface
replies: 29 views: 1,940
theblue1 8th February 2018

Looking to buy 50-100 drum sticks. Quality just has to be decent. Going to be using them as sticks for sale at my rehearsal...

Harry_Sound
replies: 3 views: 343
Drumsound 4th February 2018

So, I put my beater through a Powerstroke today. That' s the first time I've ever done that. Now, I'm wondering what every one...

Drumsound
replies: 14 views: 590
Drumsound 3rd February 2018

Was using Sennheiser HD280s, but found they would slip off; our space gets hot, I'm a bit a sweat *****, so want something...

gravyface
replies: 17 views: 712
Joe Porto 1st February 2018

I just needed to share this! My local store gave me a fantastic deal on a new Ludwig Black Beauty (14" x 6.5") and...

replies: 15 views: 1,314
bergR80 31st January 2018

Hi, I have a few cymbals at my disposal, and I was wondering what's the right way to clean each one of them. (Will a lemon...

LukeSkyStudio
replies: 17 views: 579
bergR80 23rd January 2018

Okay so I have a small recording studio in my basement, treated as well as I can (I rent). I record a lot of psych music and the...

austinkane1
replies: 20 views: 1,087
benroe 21st January 2018

Hey guys new here but long time lurker. My band is getting ready to record our 2nd album. We do a lot of contemporary Christian...

Aparker2005
replies: 11 views: 473
Aparker2005 20th January 2018
replies: 1 views: 442
Drumsound 19th January 2018

I recently took my 25 yro Tama 14x5.5 maple artwood snare apart to clean and replace warped rims and rusted tension rods. I...

Raggypony
replies: 12 views: 605
bergR80 16th January 2018

Keeping toms in tune is problematic. Kick and snare hold their tuning very well. My toms on the other hand are always dropping in...

AudioWonderland
replies: 20 views: 813
bergR80 16th January 2018

Hi guys. I posted recently in the newbie engineers forum asking various questions to help me with with home recording on my kit,...

Merlin5
replies: 0 views: 387
Merlin5 15th January 2018

So I'm about to track drums for a few of my bands new songs. We are a heavy rock/ metal sound. I am the one playing the drums...

dosilegecko
replies: 21 views: 9,132
razorboy 10th January 2018

Hey all, hopefully this is the right place for this, apologies if not. Over the last few years I’ve been collecting...

smokescreensam
replies: 1 views: 359
smokescreensam 8th January 2018

I told myself many years ago that I would wait until Roland made a 24 bit version of the SPD-S. I can't believe that it's still...

Nielsbeard
replies: 2 views: 511
Nielsbeard 24th December 2017

Hello hello, I am not experienced with Kevlar heads or drums in general much at all. Just jamming on friends kits. I have a...

Roman
replies: 9 views: 1,514
Padje 23rd December 2017

Title is self-explanatory. I'm a complete beginner, I play the piano and guitar. I only need a good MIDI drum kit with a low...

bellamimmo
replies: 0 views: 469
bellamimmo 18th December 2017

Have a set of early 70s Premiers with African mahogany shells that need a rewrap (and hoops, etc.). Not sure whether to go...

gravyface
replies: 3 views: 752
jennersplural 10th December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search