The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 27,384
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 97,587
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 26,575
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,473
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 14,702
toolskid 22nd September 2006

I was at The London Drum Show this past weekend. Crazy mayhem and a non-stop wall of sound :cowbell:hittt:cowbell: I did an...

chrisso
replies: 3 views: 190
Drumsound 1 day ago

At some point, I don’t know when, I stopped tilting my cymbals inwards. Probably when I flattened out the rack tom angles....

gravyface
replies: 19 views: 363
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I'm a huge fan of Tame Impala's snare sound. It's crazy how they get that rough yet huge tone in all of their drum tracks. I...

rberotti93
replies: 45 views: 54,409
Jesse Mangum 2 days ago

Apologies in advance—I'm not a percussionist, just someone looking for advice. I'm looking for a cymbal that would match my...

deern
replies: 8 views: 508
kamikaze 3 days ago

Hi fellas! I don't know if i'm writing this Thread at the right place but its about production. And i would like to know how...

Solar
replies: 21 views: 4,817
chrisso 5 days ago

My 20+ year-old Tama pedal is getting pretty saggy, so I thought I’d trade-on up to a new one. I’m really out of touch...

Tubthumper
replies: 32 views: 5,504
valjean24601 2 weeks ago

Is there any difference in the sound of wrapped drums (ie-DW FinishPly) compared to lacquered or satin finish (non-wrapped)...

rcjvnhzn
replies: 32 views: 19,916
Aural Endeavors 2 weeks ago

So I'm trying to get a drum set that can accommodate jazz to alternative rock, to experimental and some grunge punk... no AC/DC...

Spano
replies: 3 views: 414
Ox Han 3 weeks ago

I have neither the $$$ nor the sound proofing to get a real kit so I want an electronic kit to practice on. It must have the...

HSLand
replies: 4 views: 311
Bob Ross 3 weeks ago

I've played Ambassador coated on my toms (12x8, 16x16 Yamaha Stage Customs, birch/mahogany) for ages. I tend to tune down a...

gravyface
replies: 12 views: 433
chrisso 10th October 2018

It's been a year since I ruptured my achilles. I was able to play heel down after a couple month and have been able to play heel...

Robby in WA
replies: 8 views: 407
Robby in WA 10th October 2018

Hiya chaps! Ok, I was listening to Billy Joel's 'The Stranger' album. I particularly like 'Scenes from an Italian Restaurant'...

[email protected]
replies: 30 views: 6,634
Drumsound 5th October 2018

I've been doing some research/looking at some new ideas for studio drum sets. I've really enjoyed working with some shallower...

andersmv
replies: 81 views: 8,619
andersmv 23rd September 2018

Just sharing a bit of fun I had earlier this year looping part of a lesson Vinnie was giving to what I think are student...

Merlin5
replies: 0 views: 261
Merlin5 23rd September 2018

Got 2 new snares recently and I'm extremely excited about them! Can't wait to properly record them. First off, I got my...

Aparker2005
replies: 5 views: 329
Aparker2005 18th September 2018

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice snare drum that sounds great recorded and is really versatile. I have a 6.5x14 DW Collector's...

OwensDrumming
replies: 70 views: 7,847
Bob Ross 18th September 2018

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 4 views: 638
blyt 10th September 2018

So, after way too many years of chasing a sound I've admired on numerous recordings, I've finally accepted that what I'm looking...

Bob Ross
replies: 6 views: 349
chrisso 10th September 2018

Kind of a rant, but I have a bass player who likes to drop accents on the back half in kind of weird places. Like a 4/4...

gravyface
replies: 2 views: 463
Bob Ross 6th September 2018

Good day everyone. I am new and happy to be a part of the music making community. I would like some advice or help if you all...

Pastor B
replies: 19 views: 485
Pastor B 1st September 2018

Hey, I just bought this 24" DW kick for the studio. Can someone tell me which line it's from (Design, Performance,...

South Brokelyn
replies: 4 views: 315
Drumsound 30th August 2018

Hey there, thinking of getting one of these for some lo-fi trashy drums, don't suppose anyone here has any experience with one...

SwamiRob
replies: 0 views: 278
SwamiRob 24th August 2018

Anybody tried the rock series? Any good for rock/hard rock?

Freddie Flame
replies: 29 views: 22,547
philvoid 22nd August 2018

Hey There! I need to produce some drum recording sessions in London in a couple of months and i would like to know a couple of...

jakelorenz
replies: 4 views: 437
jakelorenz 20th August 2018

If you are a drummer who uses an electronic drum kit or looking for more information on the new Yamaha DTX920K Electronic Drum...

mikejlazor
replies: 0 views: 306
mikejlazor 17th August 2018

Last Summer I spent a couple of days recording rare and vintage drums in a couple of the UK's best studios. The samples are...

chrisso
replies: 15 views: 798
chrisso 16th August 2018

I bought a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B drum kit with 8x10, 9x12, 14x16 inch toms in Duracover Wraps from a Sam Ash store about...

Lucas Sheldon
replies: 11 views: 533
Chris Perra 12th August 2018

Hi everyone, I'm in the midst of beginning my new album, which I'm "one-man banding". I tend to write a lot of...

BDW42
replies: 9 views: 875
raggedman 3rd August 2018

Anyone here have experince recording a DW jazz or classic series drum set? I am considering one and would appreciate...

Singlecutz
replies: 0 views: 267
Singlecutz 29th July 2018

Can any Drummers out there recognize this night, please? It’s supposed to be an aluminum Acrolite but do any other...

merseymale
replies: 4 views: 566
andyfreeman 29th July 2018

Hey everybody. I was really into the idea of getting a TD-17 KVX set because I like the kit itself, but my goal was to trigger...

Rizzleb
replies: 0 views: 336
Rizzleb 25th July 2018

Hi Pretty much my whole life as an amateur drummer, i've been keeping my foot down on the pedal after every hit, with the...

invalidusername
replies: 4 views: 452
Drumsound 22nd July 2018

These worth the price of admission? How dark are these compared to 70s New Beats?

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 373
gravyface 19th July 2018

Hi drummer friends! Looking at purchasing a simple set of "studio cymbals" to cover when a drummer doesn't have the...

psycho_monkey
replies: 21 views: 784
Funny Cat 19th July 2018

Am working in someone else's studio and have hit a problem I've not come across before. Have opened Superior Drummer 3 in Pro...

Mick Boggis
replies: 0 views: 349
Mick Boggis 19th July 2018

Hello, everybody. My first thread and post here so please be gentle. Ok, a few years ago i bought a Stewart Copeland Signature...

VintageMike
replies: 0 views: 327
VintageMike 19th July 2018

What does this possible upgrade yield me? Chocable cymbals, dual zone snare and cymbals, half open hihat? But how about...

Guitarking
replies: 2 views: 382
ACSlater 18th July 2018

I need eight bass drum rods like this for a late '90s TAMA Swingstar, and haven't been able to find them. TAMA lists the MS686SHP...

Mr. Varaldo
replies: 4 views: 376
Mr. Varaldo 12th July 2018

Have the hd1 with superior 3 Great! Time to go to next level. Im a guitarist that drums. Not good but good enough to have fun...

Guitarking
replies: 3 views: 427
Guitarking 11th July 2018

I recently bought a Yamaha Maple Snare and headed to the Yamaha Drum Vault to get some info, but I get nothing. From my own...

Midasmouse
replies: 1 views: 364
Drumsound 5th July 2018

Hey guys, I did read a lot of different topics on drummer and recording forums where a lot of people seem to prefer shallower...

TJ99
replies: 5 views: 564
Drumsound 1st July 2018

Hi, My brother, who is not a musician, is wanting to learn to play drums. He's turning 50 and his wife is getting him an...

TOYZ
replies: 24 views: 676
Sniff 22nd June 2018

Ey, peeps! So what do you say? I`m recording in cubase pro 8, and are only interested in triggering the sounds in Superior...

Jadestar
replies: 1 views: 373
CJ Mastering 21st June 2018

This is a slightly difficult question to phrase but I'll try my best. I'm after a drum machine to do a 2 piece project, but I...

SwamiRob
replies: 7 views: 612
SwamiRob 18th June 2018

Hi There !! :) I Just have an iquiry , Am looking for a E-drum to use it as MIDI in my studio , I am not looking forward for...

Mark Tatossian
replies: 0 views: 285
Mark Tatossian 16th June 2018

I use superior 3.0 I make my sound till it sounds right in siliperior, going to a stwreo output into my daw. When i want to...

Guitarking
replies: 4 views: 413
jerry123 9th June 2018

Hello. I've been wanting to pick up a kit for my home studio that sounds good and is recordable, without being too expensive. I'm...

szyam
replies: 36 views: 1,338
szyam 6th June 2018

Pearl and Slate have some kind of hardware drum module coming out...

James Monarch
replies: 155 views: 20,184
Dairummer 2nd June 2018
replies: 0 views: 449
Merlin5 1st June 2018

Hello. The Cajon looks like great fun.....Have any drummers here ever used one? What are the pros and cons? And which...

clump
replies: 26 views: 741
Brent Hahn 30th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search