The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 51 views: 28,531
Padje 1st February 2018

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 100,689
Dædalus 18th March 2016

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 27 views: 28,214
ozymozy 8th October 2015

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 12,999
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 15,206
toolskid 22nd September 2006

I'm burnt out on 421's. Kinda want to switch to e906's but I thought I would ask GS for thoughts on alternatives.

Salty James
replies: 12 views: 252
Drumsound 5 hours ago

I'm in the market for a multipad and considering the SPD SX, Strike Multipad, as well as the Nord Drum 3p. Tried out the Strike...

jondom22
replies: 7 views: 182
jwh1192 11 hours ago

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of upgrading my kit from purely acoustic to an acoustic/hybrid setup. The Roland TM-6 Pro...

Gonebytim
replies: 24 views: 815
chrisso 1 day ago

Hey guys and gals, I've been having an issue with my SPD-SX SE for some time now and it has to do with the longer backing tracks...

stanleyd25
replies: 2 views: 197
stanleyd25 2 days ago

Small E Kit for Practice / Playing ... thx in advance .. i am looking for something like a Alesis SamplePad Pro or Samplepad...

jwh1192
replies: 13 views: 472
jwh1192 3 days ago

Roland TD1kv hihat triggers both shank and tip when playing the shank which causes odd sounds especially when playing through...

RobinL
replies: 0 views: 139
RobinL 4 days ago

If I am posting this in the wrong sub forum I want to apologize in advance, but the advice I am seeking is pretty drummer...

Dysanfel
replies: 0 views: 143
Dysanfel 6 days ago

Hi guys. I quite fancy buying an Aluminium snare. I've listened to most of the ones out there. They all sound good. Acrolite,...

Merlin5
replies: 5 views: 658
Drumsound 1 week ago

Ok friends. Need your opinion on a 14x18 floor tom. DW Any thoughts?

CISUM
replies: 5 views: 186
Aural Endeavors 1 week ago

Thick carpet isn't always the answer, and the rubber feet with spikes isn't either. What ways do you control a kick drum sliding...

warhead
replies: 44 views: 15,766
cjogo 1 week ago

Anyone using a double tom stand for a 2-up setup instead of the bass drum mounts? Seems like the off-set positioning would be...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 215
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Alright fellas, straighten me out here. I have: Yamaha stage customs (90s). Birch. 10/12/16/22. They are loud, durable,...

gravyface
replies: 5 views: 233
Drumsound 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I run my own project studio out of some extra space in my house, and it isn't really conducive to recording an...

TheStephenMcRae
replies: 3 views: 522
JohnRick 2 weeks ago

I gotta Jerry Seinfeld this: what’s the deal with 1-ply/stave snares? I usually see them listed at twice the price of snare...

flamcake
replies: 6 views: 522
cheu78 3 weeks ago

I'm getting fairly annoyed with Steven Slate SSD4/5 and I'm looking for a new software program that's easy to use & map...

ryevick
replies: 4 views: 405
chrisso 3 weeks ago

I recently picked up the Tune Bot and was skeptical that it would work well. I was dead wrong — it works great and quickly,...

KickSnareHat
replies: 6 views: 492
JohnRick 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Decided I will buy a Powerstroke 3 for my kick batter head. The question now is: clear or coated? I play...

Guitarking
replies: 2 views: 248
gravyface 3 weeks ago

Hey, I have a tama bubinga drum kit. The kit is great. Sounds great in the live room. But we cannot get the damn bass drum to...

planck
replies: 7 views: 783
planck 3 weeks ago

Hey guys! I'm a guitar player (although I did play some drums when I was younger) looking to get a drum kit for my home...

fatbuddha09
replies: 22 views: 1,042
Drumsound 4 weeks ago

I might be getting a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 to augment my acoustic kit in a jazz/latin trio setting where the bassist is already...

JohnRick
replies: 2 views: 505
JohnRick 4 weeks ago

hello: im hoping i might get mapping advice from someone who uses both addictive drums 2 (ad2) and steven slate drums 5...

jaschoon
replies: 1 views: 202
Darkdeity9194 4 weeks ago

Hi guys :) I am on the verge of purchasing the Alesis Surge Mesh kit, but like many people, I am really not too keen on the...

Konsider
replies: 0 views: 213
Konsider 5th October 2019

Hi everyone Thinking of replacing my batterhead of my kick. Doesnt sound good now (dont know the age but its a Remo...

Guitarking
replies: 8 views: 515
Guitarking 4th October 2019

In a sort of continuation to the other thread, are there online drummers you guys use to get the drums your after and do they do...

pingu
replies: 298 views: 53,572
JeffSanders 30th September 2019

Hi everyone, Got myself a second hand 80's rockstar kit. Replaced all heads (expect kick) and learned how to tune etc... but...

Guitarking
replies: 5 views: 434
Guitarking 28th September 2019

Watching Eric Valentine's videos and there is no doubt the amount of smashing you can go for when you record cymbals as an...

gravyface
replies: 12 views: 629
mbvoxx 22nd September 2019

Hi I would like to hear different opinions and experiences with different brands/types of hardware. Im after the most solid,...

Omnaskull
replies: 9 views: 680
spambot_2 20th September 2019

I'm looking to complete a kit I've had for years. I need an 8x12 Signia tom in the natural blonde maple finish (I've seen it...

honeypiestudios
replies: 36 views: 7,549
reelbigspikey 18th September 2019

Hello, I've had the same drum heads on my drum set since about 2003 or so; the only heads I've replaced in the interim that I can...

catfish.deity
replies: 6 views: 395
cgarges 17th September 2019

It would be nice to have a decent in-house kit so session players don't have to lug gear if they don't want to. It's mostly for...

CrankyChris
replies: 22 views: 903
digibird 14th September 2019

I am downsizing my Private commercial studio to just a writing suite for me. I currently own SSD5 and a TD12 Kit. I am selling...

DCMIX
replies: 0 views: 318
DCMIX 12th September 2019

Hi guys, I’m interested in purchasing a set of drum mics to record a pro quality album with. Interested in your...

Johnbarnesiii
replies: 6 views: 644
Drumsound 6th September 2019

Hello guys, I'm still new at recording/mixing and I'm looking for a large diaphragm condenser to use as a kick-out mic. I'm...

ManuelMartins
replies: 8 views: 650
Paul_G 6th September 2019

I posted this on a drum forum, but my friend who is an engineer, suggested some people over here might find this info...

Chunkaway
replies: 13 views: 47,548
s12512 4th September 2019

Hi, are there people using sometimes their Perfourmer exclusively as a drum machine ? Let's talk about a minimum of 3...

midicontrol
replies: 0 views: 517
midicontrol 21st August 2019

So. I got my hands on a massive vintage WFL marching snare drum (15x 12). I have a vintage wfl stand I thought would work but the...

nicoides
replies: 2 views: 696
jeg8973 14th August 2019

I have an ongoing argument with my friend about whether or not to use analog gates on drums before recording. He insists that it...

WildBill
replies: 36 views: 23,234
Bonzo4880 13th August 2019

So I have a TrapKat and a DrumKat - the Drumkat is always taking up space somewhere because it's mounted on it's own stand - I'm...

Bitsmith
replies: 1 views: 562
joeq 28th July 2019

Hello, guys. I am new here, and relatively new to sound engineering (two semester of recording classes at local community...

Alex Panasenko
replies: 7 views: 1,011
Alex Panasenko 21st July 2019

The opening bars of this track, wondering if they're (heavily reverbed)...

whataboutit
replies: 5 views: 410
whataboutit 19th July 2019

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Earthworks DM20 for my toms and I'd like to know some users of these microphones… what's...

ManuelMartins
replies: 1 views: 463
eigentone1 12th July 2019

Hey guys, I'm finishing an EP and even though my project has some psychedelic rock vibes in it I've produced all the drums...

playamusic
replies: 6 views: 770
Drumsound 9th July 2019

Have you ever ran into issues when you put a head back on? I want to use some different heads on different tracks. I don't expect...

AudioWonderland
replies: 6 views: 627
AudioWonderland 5th July 2019

I am currently in the market for a black nickel over brass snare drum after playing 6.5x14 black beauty at a gig where I forgot...

TwinSpeakDrummer
replies: 11 views: 2,197
nylontip 5th July 2019

I'd like to do a little study here of the thicknesses of popular metal drum shells. I was inspired to post this after recently...

replies: 7 views: 15,165
rojaros 4th July 2019

anyone know much about PREMIER drums? good, bad, okay, or junk? wworried

pan60
replies: 32 views: 43,763
biggator6 28th June 2019

I bought a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B drum kit with 8x10, 9x12, 14x16 inch toms in Duracover Wraps from a Sam Ash store about...

Lucas Sheldon
replies: 15 views: 1,080
Gulliver 24th June 2019

Some years ago I played some really worn out blastics on a regular basis. They were so torn up that they almost sounded/felt like...

VampireFightClib
replies: 3 views: 444
VampireFightClib 11th June 2019

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm interested in building a hybrid drum kit for recording. I want to blend all acoustic...

Bharry7
replies: 1 views: 523
joeq 9th June 2019

Just recently realized that I need a drumKAT, but I'm a little confused by all the different models. What are the differences...

lavadisco
replies: 2 views: 461
lavadisco 31st May 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search