The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can I have a drum kit in my apartment? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 27th March 2016
Gear Guru

I teach one day a week at a music store and they just installed the Remo mesh heads and Zildjian Silent cymbals and I can't believe what a difference they make compared to rubber pads. They feel like drums and cymbals, because they ARE drums and cymbals. In an apartment combined with some Auralex Platfoam and plywood for a platform and you might be able to play in an apartment.
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I teach one day a week at a music store and they just installed the Remo mesh heads and Zildjian Silent cymbals and I can't believe what a difference they make compared to rubber pads. They feel like drums and cymbals, because they ARE drums and cymbals. In an apartment combined with some Auralex Platfoam and plywood for a platform and you might be able to play in an apartment.
How big is the difference with the L80 cymbals? I'm looking at those in combo with silent strokes, so I can practice more. Did you put a non-ported reso on your kick? I had trouble having my kick drum sound like a kick with the silent stroke head, but I was using a ported reso.

Thanks
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Guru

The store put the heads on, and the BD faces a wall. I have no idea what head is on the front. The cymbals are kind of bright, because they aren't made from the nicer Zildjians. They feel like cymbals, and move like cymbals, so they are 100% better to play than using the stupid rubber pad things on cymbals.
Old 18th February 2017
Lives for gear

Not for very long.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search