The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MIDI programmable Electronic Drum Kit
Old 18th October 2013
Here for the gear

MIDI programmable Electronic Drum Kit

I hate trying to play drums patterns on a midi keyboard it's unnatural & I'm horrible at it I was looking at electronic drum kits that can be used as a MIDI input device & I can use my own Kontakt drums & just play them into my DAW. ThI went to Sam Ash & they said that the drums that can do that are $1000+ & I don't have that type of money. I heard you could mod a Guitar Hero/Rock Band Drum Set to play as a MIDI Controller but I didn't know if that was legal, so I was wondering if anyone knew of an affordable option
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

If you want a drum feel you gotta bite the bullet and buy a roland kit or an ekit of some type. There are many ways to do e-kits. YOu can go DIY route wit PVC pipes and such. If I where you and I would have done this had I not got bad advise that I could change the kick when you cant without a hack (roland HD-1), is get an Alesis Pro s/h which have ok heads or a s/h Roland if youve got a bit more. Then route the MIDI out and then there are mapping software or BFD and some midi plumbing and youll have a pretty tight set up- latency is always going to be an issue so lowest settings possible if you can. SDD;s come into there own here IMO
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search