The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Online Drum Tracking Services
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

Online Drum Tracking Services

Wondering if any of you have any experience with sending your songs out to services like voxengo who track drums for you with their drummer and send the tracks back. Are there any sites that you can recommend personally? I am looking to spend 50 or less and be a solid drummer/studio recording.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

I actually started doing that awhile ago but never pursued it.

I set up a FB page for it, but that's about it. I have an awesome drummer working with me and he would do for 50 or less.

Let me know!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Custo...01024239979049

There's the FB page with a whopping 7 likes.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

here's my site with some gear info:

In the Red Recording Studio
Old 11th September 2012
Here for the gear

I also do this pretty regularly. Been quite a fun way to find new musical projects with people from many geographic locations.

Custom Drum Tracks

If you decide to try this - good luck with whoever you go with.
Old 22nd September 2012
We're a whole lot around the globe doing this, and I think you'll be pleased going with anyone doing this professionally (plus, many of us have several different drummers to choose from) although i think 50 bucks won't be enough if you're looking for a top drummer with high quality recording.
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Addict
This is the site of the drummer I play with:

Custom Drum Tracks

Great guy, and great drummer. All good.
Old 10th October 2012
I also provide this service!

Sometimes I film sessions for more exposure(for me and the artist).

This was one of my last sessions that I filmed:

For more info check my website www.hugoribeiro.com

cheers
Old 2nd November 2012
Here for the gear

Yup, there's certainly plenty to choose from! I too record drum tracks for various clients.

Anyone who offers to do it for peanuts is not likely to be very good, not necessarily a poor drummer, but perhaps they have less feel for a song or poorer recording quality.

Also, I wouldn't use a faceless pro service who have a load of drummers who come in for a day and lay down however many tracks in some over-priced studio in NY or wherever. I would use a smaller business or preferably individual drummer who you can call and chat about the track with first.

*Cough* Did I mention this is exactly what I do? :-)
Old 4th May 2015
Here is my online drums site:
Online Drums Recording - Session Drummers - Professional Recording Studio

We have a decent collection of drummers playing different styles - rock, funk, hiphop, jazz. Also we use the standard microphones for the purpose. We track with trident a-range vintage preamps, also use API for the kick in. When you need processing we have analog midas console for eq-ing. Also some outboard pultecs, one distressor and one ssl buss compressor.
Old 11th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Studio Drum Tracks - custom, professional acoustic drum tracks for your music

Mike Kosacek. I've used him on a couple of projects and find him to be a very versatile player and the tracks do sound great.
Old 30th May 2015
Lives for gear

I am also interested in this service but actually looking for percussion more than drums. Anyone? My budget is also around 50.

I work as a web developer have loads of clients all over the world so makes sense to work with musicians like this too nowadays. Have around 12 songs I need recordings for. Maybe some can have drums but most are going to work with percussion like congas, bongos etc.
Old 28th June 2015
Here for the gear
Hi!
I'm also doing some online drum recordings from my home studio using UAD Apollo Quad and Audient ASP880 preamp. If you are interested check out my YouTube covers which I have recorded and mixed with my setup. I have a Brady, Craviotto and Ludwig kits + 35 snares including Tama Bell Brass and 10 Brady's etc... If you are interested you can contact me kai . jokiaho at gmail . com (remove gaps). My prices are very reasonable.

Old 20th August 2015
Here for the gear

What are my chances of getting a solid set of drum tracks for a pop rock song under four minutes long? Was hoping to keep the cost in the $100 range.
Old 25th September 2015
Here for the gear
I am tracking drums at my home studio. My tracks have been on Grammy nominated master sessions as well as yielding me 8 Modern drummer features in 10 years. Rates are very competitive.
Sean O'Rourke

Sean O'Rourke-Online Drum Tracks/Production/Music Licensing

www.worldwidedrumtracks.com
Old 22nd March 2017
Here for the gear

I offer $50 per song Custom Drum Tracks. Very fast turnaround usually within a day or 2. Samples of some raw tracks that I did and my services can be found at
https://soundcloud.com/chad-meinders...ad-rage-take-2
www.facebook.com/chadmeindersdrumrecording
www.chadmeindersdrumrecordingservices.weebly.com
Old 22nd March 2017
This guy: Chris Brush Drums

I've known Chris for many years. He's done five songs for us for our upcoming EP (rock/alt style). Nails the vibe of any guide track you give him and will look at things from an artistic perspective if given latitude.

Excellent studio and totally professional results come back every time (full multi-tracks as well so we can mix however we want). Works fast.

Highly recommend him.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Hey everyone,

I've been doing this for quite a while with some great success. I have plenty of experience recording drums for record labels, independent artists, singer songwriters, film directors - The whole works!

I also work as an audio engineer and have had sound advice given to me by the legend himself, Chris Lord Alge.

Check out this short trailer video which features a little experiment I did a while back. I tried to match my drum sounds to those of some pretty famous tones. I think I got pretty close with most of them. The snippet of superstition actually prompted Stevie Wonder's drummer, Mr Stanley Randolph, to get in touch with some praise for it.

Feel free to check out my site and please drop me a message with an questions, or even if you just want to talk about drums/recording. I'd love to hear from you!

Best wishes from Ireland,
Mark.

http://www.eatsleepdrums.com
Old 26th March 2017
I've been doing it for 4 years.

$50 or less isn't going to get you something great I would imagine. I could be wrong though.

Custom Drum Tracks from Toronto, Canada drummer Chris Perra
Old 30th June 2017
Here for the gear

Here is my online drum tracks studio. API, Antelope, D.A.V., vintage ribbon mics... Hope you like it! Grabación de baterías online - Groove Factory Studios https://youtu.be/nJO5pvFCI38
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear
I just made this video for advertising my studio drum tracking services. So if you have any needs for drum tracks send me a message

Old 7th March 2018
Gear Head

what was that quote? 'so many drummers.... so little time'
- You get what you pay for- Professional level and expirience will cost more- factor in the time it takes to Set up a kit for recording- 2+hours to pull a sound- learning material. The most amount of time for drums is uploading the stems (depending on music).
I've recently started doing this for a few select friends and for fun. What get's put in initally will determine end result-
-things I learned- This area is a growing exponetially- Every drummer I know is madly converting sheds and building a home studio.
- tracks with out count ins or a tempo require alot more time- actually they are a mild pain the ass .
- let the drummer program their own click-
- Having the ability to Mix yourself makes recording easy- (like sometimes taking stuff- bass- sometimes even vox out)
If you don't want to pay- go to a co-compose website- Kompoz- ect- people will play- it jsut might not be the level or what you expect.
hope that helps
Old 21st January 2019
been doing this for almost 10 years now in my studio that was purpose-built to get great sounding drum tracks.

Studio Drum Tracks

here's what the studio looks like too...
DoubleDog Recording Studio

Mike
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

For you guys that provide drum tracks, how does the process occur as far as what type of style, beat structure, etc for the song? Do you work from simple direction from the client or suggest to the client what you instinctively feel the song needs? Or both? I realize that often the song itself will dictate the drum part, certainly the energy of the drums, but what about the beat structure?

Being one who has been using samples and triggers I've got some interest in this process. I regularly use musicians that work long distance via file exchange and with the players I hire I like to let them follow their instincts unless I have a specific riff that needs emphasis or a specific style I want from them, ie: My piano player - sometimes I'll ask him to play a 'slip note' style. Once I asked him to "do what Leon Russell would do".

But since melodic instruments like keyboards or stringed instruments support the melody, riff, and chordal elements of the song, how do drummer's prefer to be directed in a remote working arrangement so that the number of takes to dial it in can be reduced and the right drum part achieved?

thanks!
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Sweet. I never knew this existed. I have a kit but my playing and acoustics suck. Even at double the cost, this is a seriously cost effective way to get real drums on a track. I wonder if there are any upright bass players doing this also?
Old 21st January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
For you guys that provide drum tracks, how does the process occur as far as what type of style, beat structure, etc for the song? Do you work from simple direction from the client or suggest to the client what you instinctively feel the song needs? Or both? I realize that often the song itself will dictate the drum part, certainly the energy of the drums, but what about the beat structure?
Being one who has been using samples and triggers I've got some interest in this process. I regularly use musicians that work long distance via file exchange and with the players I hire I like to let them follow their instincts unless I have a specific riff that needs emphasis or a specific style I want from them, ie: My piano player - sometimes I'll ask him to play a 'slip note' style. Once I asked him to "do what Leon Russell would do".
But since melodic instruments like keyboards or stringed instruments support the melody, riff, and chordal elements of the song, how do drummer's prefer to be directed in a remote working arrangement so that the number of takes to dial it in can be reduced and the right drum part achieved?
thanks!
I have had a pretty wide variety of situations. I've had someone send me nothing but whole notes on piano and ask me to play what I feel (seriously). But I also have others that can program everything very specifically and then ask me to play the same thing. or I've been asked to copy a song karaoke style. most of them fall in between these though. sometimes i get a basic beat that i follow - or I'm told do something different! Referencing a drum sound or even a beat from another song can help quite a bit. Youtube is great for that...

One of the limitations is tempo. Once the track is committed to a tempo (or tempos), that's all I've got to work with. Or if the arrangement is not set, then that means cutting another take later, or doing cut and paste... and if there are specific rhythmic elements in the other instruments (guitars, bass, etc.) then sometimes that calls for a certain beat... but not always. Clear communication is a key part of it when it is remote, but to be honest, most of it goes pretty smoothly!
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Guru

I've actually been planning to launch a website for drums and percussion some time soon. I love cutting drum tracks and I think it can really enhance home recordings and singer/songwriters who don't have the space or players available to them.
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlanyard View Post
This guy: Chris Brush Drums

I've known Chris for many years. He's done five songs for us for our upcoming EP (rock/alt style). Nails the vibe of any guide track you give him and will look at things from an artistic perspective if given latitude.

Excellent studio and totally professional results come back every time (full multi-tracks as well so we can mix however we want). Works fast.

Highly recommend him.
I actually know, went to school and once briefly played in a band with Chris. Never knew him well, passing acquaintance only. Still crazy to see his site plugged tonight.

Glad to see this!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search