The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Snare rack build from old display cabinet
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Snare rack build from old display cabinet

So our newest partner is a drummer too, & we have drums everywhere. We're starting to rearrange the live room, & plan to organize the drums with shelves & racks. I thought I'd post a few pictures of the snare rack as I go along. It's an old display case, missing the counter top, in need of some serious love! When finished it should hold about 20 snare drums.

Attached Thumbnails
Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05123.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05124.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05122.jpg  
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Glass out & cabinet painted. I saw some of the nice old wood underneath, & I thought about stripping & refinishing for a hot minute. It would look quite nice, but I decided I'm too lazy. Cleaning the glass, soft bedding, & reassembling will have to wait for the morning. I'll probably leave the small sliding doors out to see the drums better.

Attached Thumbnails
Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05130.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05137cut.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05129.jpg  
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Glass back in. Went with low profile carpet. heh Rubber underside. Cut, place, done.
Attached Thumbnails
Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05139.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05141.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05142.jpg  
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Finished. A few drums for decoration. Going to place carpet padding inside the wires so they don't talk back. In the future I may create a wedge for them to sit in. But right now, it feels good.
Attached Thumbnails
Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05147.jpg   Snare rack build from old display cabinet-dsc05148.jpg  
Old 10th September 2011
so you competing against guitar center for most snares in one room?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

great job on the rack andrew and thanks for playing killer drums on Kevin"s album
Old 11th September 2011
500 series nutjob

sweet work!
very nice job, very cool use of a old display cabinet: )~

i like it drmmrboy!
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks guys.
I love it when a plan comes together. We have another display case, maybe I could turn it into a ____? Actually, next up is shelving for the kits.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

You need spaces....if not, going to be a bitch grabbing 1 and putting 1 back.....the color is a bit gay, but I like it overall. Maybe some
Metal/Crome sides? You don't want to bang em
Up, spacers!!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search