The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Snare Drum Rack
Old 31st July 2008
Snare Drum Rack

Me and a buddy of mine just built this snare rack today. We used 1" aluminum pipe and it's very sturdy. The raw materials ended up being a little over $300, so it wasn't cheap but I'm very happy I went with aluminum over wood. We put casters on the bottom which I'm not sure I'll keep. As far as putting it together, the hardest part was cutting the pipe, but the assembly was very easy and quick. I took an old drum rug, cut some strips out of it to wrap around the bars. I worked out really well and I'm very pumped. No more tripping over snares that are lying all over the floor!
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Thats pretty sweet! Looks like a great collection of snares as well!
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Nice work. You should post some detailed measurements, and where you sourced the pipe if others want to try to build one.
Old 13th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by corworld View Post
Nice work. You should post some detailed measurements, and where you sourced the pipe if others want to try to build one.
it's 32" tall, 4.5 ft wide, 10 inches deep. We got the pipe and joints from Industrial Metal Supply in Phoenix, where we live.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear