The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SEARCH FOR AMERICA’S HOTTEST DRUMMER (competition) Modular Synthesizers
Old 13th September 2007
News Desk Editor

SEARCH FOR AMERICA’S HOTTEST DRUMMER (competition)

SEARCH FOR AMERICA’S HOTTEST DRUMMER
Guitar Center’s Drum-Off 2007 local competitions will launch this week at over 200 stores across the nation. Store preliminaries start today, Wednesday, September 12, and take place every Wednesday ending with local store finals on October 3rd. Now in it’s 19th year, Drum-Off continues to bring together thousands of the nation’s top undiscovered drummers for the chance to compete for incredible prizes, national recognition and the bragging rights of being crowned Drum-Off Champion. Visit http://www.guitarcenter.com/drumoff/
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Guru

no more calls please, we have a winner

Cadbury Dairy Milk - Glass and a Half Full Productions
Old 13th September 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

heh

Great video but I'm gonna knit pick a little. Don't get bent outta shape, just making observations for fun.

The gorilla didn't play any of the snare ghost notes, and I don't think the snare hits were done with two hands (nor were they flams), although I could be wrong. He also doesn't move his kick leg, as you can see in near the end of the video.

Whoever edited the song could've done a better job, because the tom fill doesn't occur immediately at the end of Phil's singing phrase. But I guess they wanted to fit what they could inside the time allotted. They should've left the editing to me, so the primate would play the next three cool fills in that song before the end of the commercial, but it would have created more work for the computer animation crew (and they did an excellent job!).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search