The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Attention all WorldMax Black Hawg/Dawg owners...
Old 7th September 2007
Here for the gear

Attention all WorldMax Black Hawg/Dawg owners...

I posted a thread here a couple weeks ago about having received an out-of-round drumshell from WorldMax. I recently received a replacement snare, however, this snare is seriously out-of-round too. I can tell because I have used a ruler to measure different cross-sections to make sure it reads 14" everywhere. Also, the die-cast hoops are perfectly round as it fits my new heads perfectly, however, once put on the shell, you can clearly see gaps where the shell is bent in and the hoop/head has to be slightly forced into position.

BTW this is for the snare side, not the batter side.

Is this a common occurrence or do I seriously have some bad luck?

Please give me some feedback so I don't think I'm going crazy!
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Are you sure the measurement variance is not accounted for by the snare bed? The shell should still be round at the beds but the slight dip on the edge could account for the variance.

I have never had this problem with new drums. It is quite odd that you received two drums with the same problem. Maybe an entire box of shells was damaged before they hit the retailer. If that were the case WorldMax would hear a ton of complaints, but they probably wouldn't admit to this until after they come up with a solution (i.e. good replacements). Get you money back and buy different brand. Now that some time has passed, maybe you have enough extra to upgrade!!! I just bought a used Ludwig Supraphonic (ludalloy, not brass) 5.5” x 14” and MAN is that thing unique. Bright, loud, great articulation and response. Price: $130.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search