The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Micing a Bass
Old 4th September 2007
Here for the gear

Micing a Bass

I'm sure this may have already been posted, so sorry in advance, i'm new. Ok so we used to have a guy who would mix all the mics for my drums, but unfortunately his internship was up and now he's gone. It's also unfortunate that i left him leave w/o showing me what he did back there on the sound board to mix my bass. I turned it on the other day to give it a shot and it was flat as ever and just sounded HORRIBLE. i made sure it wasn't tuned flat which it wasn't it sounded beautiful w/o the mic. So i need some advice on what to turn and where to turn the knobs on the sound board (i.e. highs, mids, lows etc...). I'm aiming for a big boom sound. I already have a pillow in there if that helps. Any advice is welcome,

may help: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...dID=480 57056

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search