The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
WorldMax Black Hawg Snare experience
Old 28th August 2007
Here for the gear

WorldMax Black Hawg Snare experience

I just got myself WorldMax Black Hawg 6.5x14 snare according to forums all around the net praising this snare for its amazing sound. However, when I took off the die-cast hoops to change the heads, I noticed something weird.

The hoop was not level and the snare was bent in! It had this slightly oblong shape that made me have to force the head in to fit its shape. I wasn't sure so I took a ruler to measure the diameters between each set of lugs around the drum and the measurements varied from 13.8" to 14.2" It "extends out" on the diameter 90 degrees from the strainer and the diameter between the strainer and the butt is shorter.

Odd. Has anyone out there experienced a similar defect with WorldMax drums?

I got mine from George Lawrence and he's been a good man to deal with. I just shot him an email and I'm hoping he will either refund or give me an exchange.

I always have the worst luck with these things!
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

You're drum is out-around and needs to be replaced. An out-sround drum is useless. Hopefully your purchase was not an "as is" auction or something of that sort. If you bought it new or if you bought it used from someone with integrity they should either give you a full refund or a replacement.
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

Thanks for the response. I actually just got word from George that he had World Max send me another snare. Great customer service!
Old 18th September 2007
I have one and my drummer has one and I think they are killer. Worth a hell of a lot more then $260. A custom shop would put the same thing together and charge $400-500.00
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I have one and my drummer has one and I think they are killer. Worth a hell of a lot more then $260. A custom shop would put the same thing together and charge $400-500.00
They do...pork pie buys the shells and such from these guys and puts their label on them. Doubles the price to...well, about 400-500.

m

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search