The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SSD5.5free - CC controllable hi-hat plays random notes
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Addict

SSD5.5free - CC controllable hi-hat plays random notes

Hi!

When I automate the CC controllable hi-hat in SSD5.5.free, straight 8ths most of the time, it plays random notes in between, like 16th here and there.

What to do?

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

You’ll get more responses posting this in the SSD 5.5 thread in computer section
Old 11th August 2020
Gear Addict

The only SSD5.5 thread I found is in Product Alerts, and I thought that to be the wrong place.

What's the right forum for this thread?
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Ask in this thread or just contact tech support Steven Slate Drums 5.5 (SSD5.5) Available Now

You might try an app called Midi Monitor. It will let you see what’s being received.
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
Ask in this thread or just contact tech support Steven Slate Drums 5.5 (SSD5.5) Available Now

You might try an app called Midi Monitor. It will let you see what’s being received.
Ok, thanks.
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

It’s probably an issue with your hat pedal. I’ve never had that problem. Try different cables, make sure the jacks are seated. Use midi monitor and you’ll track it down.
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
It’s probably an issue with your hat pedal. I’ve never had that problem. Try different cables, make sure the jacks are seated. Use midi monitor and you’ll track it down.
I just moved that little joystick on my keyboard up and down and recorded an automation track in Studio One.

Over those 8ths I drew in with the mouse.

S1 has a MIDI monitor, it doesn't show me any notes right now when I playback the recorded and automated hihat though.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear