The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Snare drum shootout! Ludwig firchie dw slingerland Yamaha pearl Tama and more!
Old 30th July 2020
Lives for gear

Snare drum shootout! Ludwig firchie dw slingerland Yamaha pearl Tama and more!

I probably should have posted this here. I did a snare drum shootout of some of my snares. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/nT0egS2glVc
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Guru

That was really cool. That last snare, Is it a roto snare? That would be amazing on gigs when you wanted different sounds.
Old 1st August 2020
500 series nutjob

cool!!
very supried that i did not care much for the sound of the perl snares? context?
i liked the little sligerland and most of the ludwigs, did not care much for the DW odd thought i would like it. i like ( tipicaly ) the old ludwig Vistalites.
really like the vibe of the the big slingerland but i think it would find limited use. but loved it.
Old 1st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
cool!!
very supried that i did not care much for the sound of the perl snares? context?
i liked the little sligerland and most of the ludwigs, did not care much for the DW odd thought i would like it. i like ( tipicaly ) the old ludwig Vistalites.
really like the vibe of the the big slingerland but i think it would find limited use. but loved it.
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it! More stuff to come!
Old 1st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
That was really cool. That last snare, Is it a roto snare? That would be amazing on gigs when you wanted different sounds.
It’s made by firchie! Check it out! Very interesting snare. Thanks for watching!
Old 1st August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by s12512 View Post
It’s made by firchie! Check it out! Very interesting snare. Thanks for watching!
I gotta find one of those!
Old 2nd August 2020
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I gotta find one of those!
i looked around and found a few avalible but they are cheap. maybe we'll both luck into to one?
i am not much of a drumer but i love collecting snare drums.
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
i looked around and found a few avalible but they are cheap. maybe we'll both luck into to one?
i am not much of a drumer but i love collecting snare drums.
As fun as it would be, its not a priority for me. I do love snare drums. I'm got for a cherry snare right now.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear
Good vid about snares.

His technique is not the best. His kick beater stops on the drum not away from it. The sticks stop much higher than 1-2" off the drum. I do like the way his playing sounds,,,,so it works for him.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
Good vid about snares.

His technique is not the best. His kick beater stops on the drum not away from it. The sticks stop much higher than 1-2" off the drum. I do like the way his playing sounds,,,,so it works for him.
I’ll try to play better.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear