The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is this site legit?
Old 3rd June 2020
Here for the gear
Is this site legit?

https://mccarty.shop/
Prices are too good to be true. They're using shopify and don't know the scam angle besides, of course, getting your credit card number....
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

If you have to ask...
Old 4th June 2020
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopypants View Post
If you have to ask...
Haha, as soon as I posted this I felt like a dumb**s and came to my senses. Finding the deal of a lifetime on zildjan L80's was too fricking tempting to ignore! Apparently Shopify is rife with folks with this scheme.
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Guru

"Currently Unavailable"
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

For a while I was seeing some ads on Facebook that purported to be a drum store in "Texas" that was 'going out of business' due to Covid-19.

And that's why the prices were so cheap!

Like full drum sets for $99 cheap. The real giveaway for these sites is not simply the absurdly low prices, it is also the absurdly high desirability of the gear.

They are not presenting something conceivably realistic - like one or two leftover drum kits from an off-brand with a weird wrapping. It's the most popular name brands in the most desirable sizes, colors and finishes.

For $99.

In some of the gear scams, they will list literally the Unobtainium gear, KM84 mics and stuff like that, at dirt-cheap prices.

It would be interesting to learn how long this "McCarty Shop" website was actually up for, and how many suckers actually paid their money? Versus how much work and cost it took the crooks to set up the website and whatever "shell" apparatus necessary to avoid prosecution. I reported the ones on FB.

I suppose it would not take too many "sales", because once someone bites, they not only have his "$99" - they also have his credit card information! They can clean him out.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear