The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drummers with e-kits: what's your fav VSTi/Drum Sampler in 2020?
Old 9th April 2020
Drummers with e-kits: what's your fav VSTi/Drum Sampler in 2020?

I have a DTX 720K kit (with DTX 700 module).

So far I've paired it up with Steven Slate Drums 5's free kit (nice touch, wish they'd all do that) and while it's a major step-up in quality over the DTX 700, I still find that it lacks a bit of feel on the hi-hats.

Superior Drummer 3 seems to be to go-to for feel -- and they've added some secret sauce on the hi-hats to make them more responsive -- but there is no demo and it feels like a lot to shell out if it suffers from the same problems.

Drummers out there on e-kits: what are you using and what has the best feel for you?
Old 20th April 2020
Here for the gear

I have been using BFD since some years and it's pretty cool. At the beginning I used only the ludwig kit. With time I found some better snare in other drumkits
lately I'm trying with the DW kit. The only things I'd like to be a little better are HH and sometimes a fatter kick. But I tink is one of the best plugins out there.
I'd like to know better what kind of plugin effects should I use on the different tracks to make them sound better.
Old 14th May 2020
Lives for gear

Superior Drummer 3 with the YRC kit from the Death expansion. Works on basically everything and is my ideal drum sound. Always played on my Yamaha DTX 900. Our previous releases used Metal Machinery and occasionally also Slate's earlier versions, but I could never go back to those now having heard the newer libraries.

Occasionally I use Addictive Drums. BFD I walked away from, even though they are great in their own right.

People mentioning "GGD" I don't take any notice of. Probably guitarists I reckon.

The hi-hat is always the hardest part on any e-kit. It comes down to the hats you already use, the midi messages they send out paired with the software. Slate's hats works for me, but not as well as SD of course.
Old 14th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRick View Post
Superior Drummer 3 with the YRC kit from the Death expansion. Works on basically everything and is my ideal drum sound. Always played on my Yamaha DTX 900. Our previous releases used Metal Machinery and occasionally also Slate's earlier versions, but I could never go back to those now having heard the newer libraries.

Occasionally I use Addictive Drums. BFD I walked away from, even though they are great in their own right.

People mentioning "GGD" I don't take any notice of. Probably guitarists I reckon.

The hi-hat is always the hardest part on any e-kit. It comes down to the hats you already use, the midi messages they send out paired with the software. Slate's hats works for me, but not as well as SD of course.
Really curious about SD3's hi-hat implementation, but of course there is no demo, and it's a pretty decent chunk of change to spend to kill time during COVID.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear