The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Top Industry drums
Old 11th March 2020
Here for the gear

Top Industry drums

I've been looking for a while for good drum samples. Especially looking for drums that are used by the top producers in the industry, Drake, Post malone, Selena Gomez, etc. Best ones i've found through the years are BWB Kits, OZ Kits, Lex luger, Dr Dre kits, and a few from some independent producers. The quality of the drums i use might be good enough but i feel like im lacking some versatility.

Im aware that some samples are made by vst's, like depending on artist and song ofc but bass is often created with vst? Producer Yung Gud that i look up to also said that he makes his drums himself. I might want to try start making drums myself, so good vst's for that?

I've heard good things about Splice but i've never really found anything from there so any directions where to look from there would be appreciated.

And im aware of reddit/drumkits but IMO 90% of the drums posted there are not worth downloading.
Old 14th March 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by architecture View Post
Im aware that some samples are made by vst's, like depending on artist and song ofc but bass is often created with vst? Producer Yung Gud that i look up to also said that he makes his drums himself. I might want to try start making drums myself, so good vst's for that?
You mean "making drums yourself" by programming a synth to have quick attack, short decay, etc?

You mean "making drums yourself" by layering a bunch of different drum samples together?

You mean "making drums yourself" by setting up an actual drum and putting a mic in front of it and recording samples of yourself striking that drum?

I would say that for the first two anyway, you might get more pertinent answers asking the question in the Electronic Music Forum or maybe the Hip Hop forum.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear