The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DW Collectors Series Cherry/Spruce
Old 25th November 2019
Gear Addict
DW Collectors Series Cherry/Spruce

Hey guys,

Just curious, I have been eyeing this kit for a while and wanted to get some opinions from everyone who has had some experience with he DW Cherry/Spruce drum kits.

I love the sound of Cherry drums, and spruce we all know has a beautiful warmth, but just wanted to see how it translates to the drums.

I couldn't find any information online as much as their regular drum kits, so I seek your advice!

Thanks all!
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Addict

Drum Center of Portsmouth (DCP) has a video you can Google. It's pretty short, but you can listen to the sound of the kit (and it sounds quite nice). We have a Gretsch 6-1/2" X 14" Cherry stave snare here that has a particularly sweet top end so I share your affinity for cherry drums....

Dave/Suspect Studios
Old 16th December 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspects View Post
Drum Center of Portsmouth (DCP) has a video you can Google. It's pretty short, but you can listen to the sound of the kit (and it sounds quite nice). We have a Gretsch 6-1/2" X 14" Cherry stave snare here that has a particularly sweet top end so I share your affinity for cherry drums....

Dave/Suspect Studios

Ya but truthfully, the recordings I'm not too fond of, neither am I about the owner. I called them to talk about this kit and he wanted to charge me $35 for a 15 minute consultation. This guy does not know how to run a business.

Anyways, just curious to see if anyone else had any type of experience with the kit. I was looking at Maple/Mahogany as well, but the cherry/spruce give so much different characteristics between the attack and bottom end it has.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search