The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waffling on drums
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Waffling on drums

Alright fellas, straighten me out here.

I have:

Yamaha stage customs (90s). Birch. 10/12/16/22. They are loud, durable, reliable, but very modern sounding. I don't play out as much as I used to -- and so many places have really decent house kits -- that I could let them go.

I have a keystone era late 60s set of Ludwig customs (no tom mounts on toms/bass drum), maple/mahogany, 12/14/16/20, but the wrap is bad and the bearing edges need re-cutting as they were banged up and someone used filler on them, so tuning is a bit of choir on both toms, but when they're dialed in, they sound wonderful.

'73 Premier African mahogany, 12/13/16/22. They need bottom hoops all around, also could use some repairs and a re-wrap/re-finish. I haven't even played these; won them for cheap at an auction.

I'm looking at a mint set of 1970 Rogers Holiday maple shells (13/18/22), for about $500 USD. Swivel-o-matic tom stand is in perfect order; beautiful.

I'm also looking at a Keith Moon Premier African mahogany shell pack for ~$250 USD, that needs some hardware, but I think I have it (bass drum claws) in the other Premier kit. These are 20/16/12/14, but I worry about the 12/14 being a sympathetic ringing nightmare with the snare. Still, seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

4 kits is perma-couch... 5? Grounds for divorce. Help!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
...no tom mounts...but the wrap is bad and the bearing edges need re-cutting...also could use some repairs and a re-wrap/re-finish....needs some hardware,
lot of fixer-uppers in there.

Are you looking forward to the fixing and upping, or are you looking forward to playing them? If the latter, get the one that needs the least work to get into playing shape. Which seems like the Rogers.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
lot of fixer-uppers in there.

Are you looking forward to the fixing and upping, or are you looking forward to playing them? If the latter, get the one that needs the least work to get into playing shape. Which seems like the Rogers.
It sold during wafflegate
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
It sold during wafflegate
plenty of fish in the sea
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Waffle no more. Snagged the Premier '69s, which are in really good shape.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Those old Premiers are cool. A guy in college got a set super cheap, and they were WAY cooler than the price he paid. And they were purple.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search