The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking For Good/Simple Drum Software For V-Drums
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Looking For E-Drum Software

I'm getting fairly annoyed with Steven Slate SSD4/5 and I'm looking for a new software program that's easy to use & map (Roland TD-9 V-Drums). I also need to be able to import my own sounds/one shot samples. If styles matter I'll be looking for a wide range of sounds from soul to funk to hard rock, pop and more. I am not too concerned with preprogrammed MIDI grooves. What software do you like and why?

Last edited by ryevick; 3 weeks ago at 02:50 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Over 200 views and not a single reply... amazing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think Superior Drummer 3 is at the top of the heap. I don’t know about “easy to use” - it’s a deep program. But things are laid out intuitively and once you get the hang of it, it’s fast and easy. Also SD3 has kit presets for v-drum MIDI input. I don’t know if your kit is on there but mine is (TD-25) and the preset works really well.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Superior Drummer (3) is the only serious choice. I have used SD2 for many years, along with Addictive Drums, BFD and yes, also Steven Slate.

Slate drums are alright, but rarely my first choice. Superior Drummer always is. Mapped to my trustworthy Yamaha DTX900.

As far as importing your own samples it's now doable in SD3. Costly but worth it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f9vpTnc8bw
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
Over 200 views and not a single reply... amazing.
Well because you have a very specific requirement that isn’t matched by many products.
The most customisable products (importing own sounds) tend to be the most complex.
EZdrummer for me is the easiest to set up and use. And it is very affordable. However, you can’t import your own samples.
Superior 3 I guess can be easy to set up and use in it’s most basic form.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search