The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamah DTX Multi 12: live looping capabilities
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yamah DTX Multi 12: live looping capabilities

I might be getting a Yamaha DTX Multi 12 to augment my acoustic kit in a jazz/latin trio setting where the bassist is already overdubbing himself with loops in realtime.

Now: Can I program percussion loops on the fly (i.e.during live performances) and start/stop them? More or less like a loop pedal. Not interested in any preset loops, nor importing my own. They must be done on the spot and be directly loopable.

For example: setting up a pair of congas, MIDI sync with the bass players HELIX board, and then jam away a few bars of 3/2 clave and then stop the loop – either with a pad, or a connected pedal. To be immediately accesible later in the song.

Any input from users?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi Rick,

Manual still vague on this topic: https://se.yamaha.com/files/download...2_en_om_b0.pdf

You can record one-shots and loops, and make them stop whenever you hit PTN. But still unclear whether or not the patterns can be played directly (i.e. immediately) after you have recorded them, like instant loop mode.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRick View Post
Hi Rick,

Manual still vague on this topic: https://se.yamaha.com/files/download...2_en_om_b0.pdf

You can record one-shots and loops, and make them stop whenever you hit PTN. But still unclear whether or not the patterns can be played directly (i.e. immediately) after you have recorded them, like instant loop mode.
Thanks for your input Rick!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search