The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Drum Hardware question (stand for mounting drumkat)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Drum Hardware question (stand for mounting drumkat)

So I have a TrapKat and a DrumKat - the Drumkat is always taking up space somewhere because it's mounted on it's own stand - I'm not sure what to call the stand but it's non-adjustable (doesn't tilt) and is pretty low - maybe it's a basic tom stand or something - it just has a sort of friction tightened socket with a knob at the end that i use to put the 'stud' of my drumkat mount in. But the issue is the Drumkat has to stay horizontal and it's not that tall.

My QUESTION is this. What kind of stand to i need to mount it above and behind my TrapKat? I need something taller obviously - but preferably something tilt-able so i can angle it over my TrapKat while above it. Is there a part i should be looking for to do this as an extension to my stand? Looks like i could fit something around 3/4" - 7/8" into the socket ... ideally just a kind of locking swivel affair rather than a boom (rather not take up the room) - can anyone point me in the right direction? i'd be much obliged. thanks

i'm guessing something like THIS would work (?)

http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/St...-SC-EA100.html
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

if the shaft of this linked piece slides into your existing base, then it ought to do the job. Double check the measurements, because some brands use different diameters for different 'sections'. If it does not fit, there are simple clamps that can tighten to independent diameters on each side, holding on to your 'base' at one end and this 'shaft' on the other.

there are tons of these coupling, clamp-like things made for drum hardware. If you browse the full range of such things, it's almost like tinkertoys or legos, you should be able to 'create' any extension or change of direction you need by adding pieces

Quote:
But the issue is the Drumkat has to stay horizontal and it's not that tall.
It may be that the stand is made that way on purpose. Because the Trapkat is so long and wide, it is possible that if you raise it high and tilt it a lot, you may unbalance the stand. I could see how it might get "tippy". I had some trouble tilting my Octapad and that is a fraction of the size. In which case you might end up needing a wider base stand, not just a 'taller' stand that tilts at the top.

You can also look at rack-style systems. They would be more capable of supporting unbalanced weight, but you may pay the cost of a larger footprint.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search