The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DrumKAT Differences?
Old 31st May 2019
DrumKAT Differences?

Just recently realized that I need a drumKAT, but I'm a little confused by all the different models.

What are the differences between the DK10, drumKAT 3.x, 4.x, Turbo, etc models? Do they all use the same type of sensors? If I get one model can I upgrade it, or is that only possible with certain models? Trying to avoid looking at all the manuals and making a comparison spreadsheet.

And do any/all of them have internal drum sounds, and are the sounds any good?
Old 31st May 2019
Got an email reply from Alternate Mode:

Dk10 and drumKATs both use the same FSR sensors and the some have the same metal enclosure. There were dk10's that could not be made drumKAT because they did not have the hole punch outs for the triggers.

DrumKAT has the ability to TRAIN each pad to your own dynamics. Besides that, on every pad in every kit you can set up your own minimum and maximum velocity levels.

On the drumKAT, you can play multiple notes per pad, or play alternate note patterns or even play velocity shifts of different notes depending on how hard you hit.

- The dk10 only has bass drum and hihat inputs. The drumKAT has 9 trigger ins.
- The drumKAT has a 4 line display, dk10 has no display
- The drumKAT has modes for alternating, chords and velocity shifts. The dk10 can only play one note per pad.
- The drumKAT can send controller data. The dk10 can not.
- On the drumKAT you can TRAIN the pads sensitivity. The dk10 has 4 stock settings.

Turbo drumKAT cuts latency time by 40%.
Old 31st May 2019
So I could probably live with the dk10 limitations, but perhaps I'd be annoyed by the latency and would prefer a turbo?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search