The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland TM-6 Pro advice
Old 29th January 2020
I’m not very techie, but the TM-6 Pro is just designed for trigger input. You have to send it triggers from your acoustic drums, or from a trigger pad.
Are there any trigger outs on the Octapad?
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I’m not very techie, but the TM-6 Pro is just designed for trigger input. You have to send it triggers from your acoustic drums, or from a trigger pad.
So, I could hook up the pads Roland sells individually, correct? Like a snare pad, kick pad, and a bt-1 for a three piece e-set?

I’m a bit confused now. Haha
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
The octopad has inputs for a kick and hi hat module if one wants to buy those separately and play with their feet to have a more normal set up
Old 29th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han View Post
So, I could hook up the pads Roland sells individually, correct? Like a snare pad, kick pad, and a bt-1 for a three piece e-set?
Exactly.
I use a PD8, a couple of BT-1 bar triggers and the KT-10 kick pedal.
The TM-6 has a hi-hat controller input too, for open and closing.
Old 29th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han View Post
The octopad has inputs for a kick and hi hat module if one wants to buy those separately and play with their feet to have a more normal set up
We're talking about triggering the TM-6 Pro though, not the Octapad.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
We're talking about triggering the TM-6 Pro though, not the Octapad.
Yes. I asked this question earlier, perhaps not clearly, and you gave me the impression the TM-6 pro wasn’t meant to be just an e-drum pad module. I think I misunderstood your reply or I wasn’t clear.

I’m looking for a 3-4 pad e-drum set up and I like the TM-6 pro sounds so much more than anything else close to my budget. A TM-6pro, a kick pad, snare pad, and two bt-1 pads would be a great little e-kit. Would that work?
Old 30th January 2020
Yes, it would work.
The only thing is, apart from a bank of v-drum samples, most of the sounds in the TM-6 are single samples. So it is designed to mix with acoustic drums dynamically. It doesn't sound like v-drums with multiple velocity.
Old 16th February 2020
Here for the gear

in regards to midi, the tm-6 pro does respond to midi note messages over usb. without a computer you would need a midi host like the ones from iconnectivity. the pitch/decay/efx controls are sent through sysex though. so they cannot be externally controlled like on the spd-sx unfortunately.
Old 3rd March 2020
Here for the gear

Wireless Trigger Setup?

You know I have had my Roland TM-6 Pro for about 6 months now and I love it. Hybrid drumming has allowed me the best of both worlds.

So the only thing that could make this setup any better would be wireless triggers and receiver on the Roland. carefully managing all my cables for each setup and tear down is a bit tedious.

Tip - I bought a Color coded snake and separated all the cables so I can know which cable goes where on my setup.
Old 26th April 2020
Here for the gear

Hello Chris.
I read all the discussion, so thanx for your important informations about TM6 pro.
As others, I'd like to buy this module primarly to transform my acoustic kit into an hybrid one and experiment with it, but also to practice with it, mouniting TM6 on a minimal silent kit with mesh heads and electronic cymbals.

I studied the configuration and the number of inputs for me isn't a problem.
It is also not a problem the number of V drums acoustic sounds to practice: I saw the list of V drums kits and instruments and for me they are enough.

I can sacrify all that things to have features such as 6 indipendent output or the possibility to use all the sounds to experiment with my band.

My doubt are these.
1) In this discussion you talked about "machine gun" problems when played as a pure drums module. This problem is related to all the instruments and sounds, even V drums sounds, or only to the 500 samples?

2) You said TM-6 Pro is not designed to emulate cymbals or hi-hats - and I agree with you - but this means that it can't do that properly? I know there are few cymbals sounds, but for me are enough. The primary problem is: cymbals dynamics and sensitivity of Vdrums cymbals are good enough?

Thanx in advance for reply.

Quote:
Yes, it would work.
The only thing is, apart from a bank of v-drum samples, most of the sounds in the TM-6 are single samples. So it is designed to mix with acoustic drums dynamically. It doesn't sound like v-drums with multiple velocity.
Old 2nd May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
And finally, the User Sample Acoustic Bass Drum list.
There are a further 26 or so 'processed' kicks, plus many more elements and electronic kicks.
Brilliant!! Thank you, Chris.. very generous of you to take the time to generate these lists and share them with everyone!!!
Old 30th June 2020
Here for the gear

Hi guys. Thanks for all the updates re the tm 6 pro and thanks to Chris for his expertise . I wonder if someone on here can help me with a query. I am struggling to get the hihat controller (am using a pd7 foot controller into the hihat controller input and an pd8 into input 6) but cannot get the foot controller to open and close the hats when playing. I did get it working but now just get and attempted opening and closing sound but not what I was hoping for. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. Mike.

Update 03.07.20 - don't worry guys, I have sorted it

Last edited by Mike mack; 30th June 2020 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Mistake
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear