The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Paiste Stambul hi hat Plugin Bundles
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Head

Paiste Stambul hi hat

Hi all.

I’m a guitar player, but my wife scored a complete drum set for $100 on Facebook. Even comes with a Ludwig “squeak” King.

I’ll try to post a pic, but the hats say “Paiste Stambul.” I’m guessing they’re pretty old.

-there is no model number.
-the logo is stamped, not printed
-the stamp is so worn out that one of them says “STAMB...”
-I’m in Canada. They also say “made exclusively for Efkay musical instruments, Montreal Que.” I’m guessing that was stamped on after it arrived in Canada because it’s a totally different font and not perfectly square with the Paiste logo.

Any idea what era they might have been built? And anything else you know? I know people have mentioned that they were the precursor to something called a 2002, but if it’s not a classic strat or tele that’s sort of lost on me.

Thanks
Keith.
Attached Thumbnails
Paiste Stambul hi hat-213fb9f2-7668-4714-8c8f-e182e3c8e97a.jpg  
Old 8th February 2019
They are made by Paiste (obviously), a very good cymbal company.
They are probably 70's. I've read they were more affordable, student cymbals.
Main thing is....do you like how they sound? Seems like a great score to me.
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

paiste stambul cymbals are (mostly) from the sixties: better than dixie but below giant beat.
don't remember whether paiste already numbered cymbals back then; if so, the first number would indicate the year of production.
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Head

Hi. I heard from the music company in Montreal, who say they opened in 1956, and had those made for them until 1967.

Paiste also got back to me, and said they made them ‘48 to ‘57, but I think the guy hit a wrong key and he meant ‘67.

The Montreal music co offered me a replacement set and some cash to buy it back, but I think I’ll keep them for now.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search