The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
portable drum "bummklack"
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Head
portable drum "bummklack"

Info is only on german, but check out the videos

--nice idea, great sound !

---> https://www.bummklack.com/bummklack-video

Old 20th March 2017
Gear Guru

I'd be happy if all the cajon players would adopt these instead...
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Guru

looks like a great busking solution

I did not see a price
Old 21st May 2017
Gear Guru

Anyone know if these can be had in the U.S.? How much?
Old 10th December 2018
Here for the gear

bummklack

hi everyone,

just got note there is a thread on gearslutz about my invention, the bummklack.

the what? the bummklack? yeah - its a portable drum set (on a carrier, like in a marching band, or - switch to mounting it on a doubletom stand in a second) and it features a bassdrum-like side and a full snaredrum side. so - with only one drummer you can play full beats and grooves without having the two main instruments shared between two drummers.

so - wow! i am proud as gearslutz of course is well known in germany as well as THE place to go when you have special audio related quastions.

now if anyone of you is really interested in more info on the bummklack, what it is, what it can do an why its so unique and special - let me know on

[email protected]

or visit

Mobiles Schlagzeug | Nordrhein-Westfalen | Bummklack

if possible i will try and answer your questions within 24 h. as i live and produce in cologne / germany you'll might have to wait a little longer for reply but it will come.

in the meantime - all the best from germany!

marcus / bummklack
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Price and availability?
If you wanted to use it instead of a drum kit with a band on stage, how do you recommend it’s miked or amplified?
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

pricing starts at 800€, 1-2 weeks waiting time for orders.
Old 10th December 2018
Here for the gear
I am quite intrigued by this product, but holy cow, almost a thousand US dollars? How is that price justified?

Currently I used a combination of cajon and hand-percussion for recording percussion in my tiny home studio. The bummklack looks like a viable alternative but I balk at the price.
Old 17th December 2018
Here for the gear

q&a

hi everyone, thanks for your comments / questions & thoughts. i'll try to answer them all to the very best of my knowledge :-)

so - first of all - the price: the bummklack is a handmade, custom instrument, handmade in germany, using made from only the best selected materials and sustainable woods. there are almost no standard parts involved that you could buy in a container from china (except for the high qualitiy evans skins and some screws maybe).

we offer custom colour finishes as well as a lefthanded player version (with the bassdrum side being at the left side and the snaredrumside on the right). there are countless hours of developing, testing, reshaping and try-and-error which led to the instrument you see now. as this is a "start up" with almost no capital involved (i am a professional drummer making my living as a player) this is the best we could do. i still think this is a fair pricing though - considering you'll have an instrument that (almost) no one else has. its really new. which is kind of rare in the drum world - right? :-)

2) miking the bummklack is easy: i use one (or better: two) sennheiser clipmics, one being directed under the bassdrum head, an one from the upside covering the snare. use a little eq if you want, but this is as far as you have to go. if you want to use miking while walking: connect the mics to a wirelsee system with one or two beltpacks (or use one these new fancy w-lan systems) and you're good to go.

3.) yes, it definitly is a very well working alternative to the standard cajon /cajinto /snare / unplugged-part-of-the-show-whatever setup, i can say this because i myself did play these kind of set ups for years in different settings and bands. so yeah - looking for an alternative to these wooden boxes? here you go. the bummklack.

4.) availability: we are set to build & deliver within approx. 2 weeks, depending on where to ship and what colour preferences are.

i sincerely hope this is of any help, please hit me with more questions if you want, i am starting to like this :-)

regards from germany,

marcus

Last edited by bummklack; 17th December 2018 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: adding details about availability.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search