The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
3 choices of drums
Old 30th January 2007
Here for the gear

3 choices of drums

I have been looking around for a while for a new set of drums.I've narrowed it down to 3 sets:
1.Pacific MXR 5 piece kit withe a 24"X18" bass drum and maple shells.
2.Taye Rockpro 5 piece kit with 24"X 16" bass drum and birch and basswood shells
3.Gretsch Club Rock 5 piece kit with a 26" bass drum and mahogony shells

There is not a dealer that carry these brands that's not 3 hours away. If anyone owns or has heard any of these kits, I would love to hear what you think of them. So any help would be greatly appreciated before I go any further.
Thanks
Old 9th January 2016
Gear Head
Do you already play a 24" or 26" kick drum?
Going from a 22" to a 24" took me some time to get used to and to get my pedal REdialed in, going from a 22" to a 26" might not be the best idea plus with a 26" you're limited to head choices.
Old 12th January 2016
Gear Maniac
Just curious what factors lead to those 3 choices vs other manufacturers and models.
Old 12th January 2016
Lives for gear

This thread is 9 years old. Poor guy got no response back then, and I doubt he'll be back, though that would be pretty cool.

I wonder what he bought?
Old 16th January 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mordo View Post
This thread is 9 years old. Poor guy got no response back then, and I doubt he'll be back, though that would be pretty cool.

I wonder what he bought?
Have you never used the Wayback Machine? I will go get a snapshot of the 2007 page and answer him then. I don't think it will help much now, but maybe it will help him make the right choice back then.
Old 16th January 2016
Lives for gear

haha, yes now we are all curious as to what you bought, even all these years later. He most likely forgot he even posted asking this .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search