The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Imperialstar or Used?
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Nut
Imperialstar or Used?

The old beatup Tama kit that I was using is going back to its owner and now I need a drumset to replace it. I was using BFD, before that but the old crappy Tama set I was using sounded better and fuller to me so I don't want to back to using samples.

The Tama Imperialstar is a little over 600 (which is my price limit) and comes with hardware and cymbals. Any thoughts on this ste? ( http://ww.tama.com/imperialstar/ I've been looking at craigslist and most used kits are around the same price, so I'm unsure how best to proceed. Should I get a used kit or the imperialstar? Are there certain used brands or models that are especially noteworthy? Any suggestions most appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Maniac

All I can say if it sounds good and records fairly well then keep it, if it doesn't feel right in the room then look for something else.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search