The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Snare Resonant
Old 27th January 2007
Snare Resonant

Do you guys put pressure to the center of a snare hazy head to seat it? I broke in the top but since the the reso is thinner kinda worrind I am gonna stretch the center

V
Old 27th January 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Hey, I just changed my snare side head a couple of weeks ago. I had the same question while installing it.

Instead of trying to seat it with the palm of my hand, I just tightened it until the glue stoppped crackling, then brought it back down to tune it. Not all heads brands will crackle, but Remo does.

BTW I put on an Ambassador hazy snare side (exact name). This head cuts down ringing and it made my snare the loudest it has ever been. Also, because of the added thickness, it can be tuned into the same range as the top head, which I've found can't be done with a Diplomat.
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

You can do a quick application of heat around the bearing edge via a low-powered heat gun or hair dryer. Just one time around until the head is warm to the touch will pretty much instantly seat the head and reduce the break-in period without stretching the center.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search